Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card in PCI-E slot not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2011 5:09:03 AM

Hello,

I have a Zotac n-Force 610i Value Motherboard with Ati Radeon HD 5770 1 GB graphics card. Both are working great until last week when my monitor suddenly goes into No Signal. I tried to fix it whipping the vga cable. But that causes my monitor going completely blank with only power indicator toggling on and off. That was the beginning. after that whenever I tried to restart it same things(blank screen) happened.
The monitor is working fine with onboard chipset. when I run it through onboard and then restart it with the graphics card, for the first time it shows me up to windows 7 logo with 4 flying balls and then again blank screen. but this things happen only after restarting after a long time or after a proper start through onboard graphics.
I have checked BIOS settings. Used the graphics card on another machine and it's working properly. I am using Corsair VX 450W PSU and it is not even one year old. So guess PSU is not the problem. Can I conclude that the PCI-E slot is the culprit?
One more thing, I try to open it on safe mode also. But while loading it shows black screen and flickers 2-3 times. After that same old story with no display. I have uninstalled all ATI drivers. please advice.
November 13, 2011 12:10:46 PM

So, you're saying that the graphics card does not allow you to pass the windows boot screen and the onboard graphics allows you to boot to windows?

Or can you never boot to windows?
m
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 13, 2011 12:14:18 PM

I think your graphics card is faulty, especially because your monitor displays well with the onboard and other card you tried.
m
l
Related resources
November 13, 2011 3:42:35 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I can boot through onboard graphics. It's working fine. When I insert my graphics card its fan is running very fast making too much of noise with that blank screen. But yes, sometimes it goes a little bit and shows me until Windows logo comes then sleeps. It only happens after long shutdown or after a successful boot through onboard chipset.

No monsta, I have not tried any other card. i have tried the same card on a different machine and it's working properly. So I think graphics card is not the problem here.
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 13, 2011 3:51:04 PM

Sounds like your 5770 died. See if you can RMA it.
m
l
February 7, 2012 4:31:18 AM

Nil253259 said:
Hello,

I have a Zotac n-Force 610i Value Motherboard with Ati Radeon HD 5770 1 GB graphics card. Both are working great until last week when my monitor suddenly goes into No Signal. I tried to fix it whipping the vga cable. But that causes my monitor going completely blank with only power indicator toggling on and off. That was the beginning. after that whenever I tried to restart it same things(blank screen) happened.
The monitor is working fine with onboard chipset. when I run it through onboard and then restart it with the graphics card, for the first time it shows me up to windows 7 logo with 4 flying balls and then again blank screen. but this things happen only after restarting after a long time or after a proper start through onboard graphics.
I have checked BIOS settings. Used the graphics card on another machine and it's working properly. I am using Corsair VX 450W PSU and it is not even one year old. So guess PSU is not the problem. Can I conclude that the PCI-E slot is the culprit?
One more thing, I try to open it on safe mode also. But while loading it shows black screen and flickers 2-3 times. After that same old story with no display. I have uninstalled all ATI drivers. please advice.

What was your solution? I seem to have run into similar problem with my graphics card which is a Sapphire HD6670 on an ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard with an NVidia chipset. Thanks.
m
l
!