User Accounts problem

September 8, 2004 3:15:06 AM

I can't seem to edit my user accounts. I can log on any of
the different accounts I have (I have two with admin
priviledges).

Whenever I press the user accounts button in control
panel, I get an hourglass for about half a second, and
nothing ever happens.

I've tried booting into safe mode among other things and
nothing has worked yet.

More about : user accounts problem

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 9:35:22 AM

This is not an solution.
I have a similar problem and I have no clue how to fix
it. I had only one account on my computer and I
encountered the same issue as you. When loading in Safe
mode, The default "Administrator" worked. I then created
new admin type accounts and they work. But my old account
still freezes when I choose it when booting. Since I do
not want to lose all my emails, I need a solution to make
my account work. I can access XP either in Safe mode or
normal mode from another account. If anyone thinks of
something to try to make my main account work, I am eager
to hear it!

Thanks

September 10, 2004 9:28:45 AM

I'm having the same problem. I just came across this web
page: http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7646.htm

I have not tried it yet, but will give it a try. Let me
know if this corrects your problem as well.

September 13, 2004 11:45:10 AM

This should fix your problem. Worked for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430

!