User Accounts problem

I can't seem to edit my user accounts. I can log on any of
the different accounts I have (I have two with admin
priviledges).

Whenever I press the user accounts button in control
panel, I get an hourglass for about half a second, and
nothing ever happens.

I've tried booting into safe mode among other things and
nothing has worked yet.
3 answers Last reply
More about user accounts problem

    This is not an solution.
    I have a similar problem and I have no clue how to fix
    it. I had only one account on my computer and I
    encountered the same issue as you. When loading in Safe
    mode, The default "Administrator" worked. I then created
    new admin type accounts and they work. But my old account
    still freezes when I choose it when booting. Since I do
    not want to lose all my emails, I need a solution to make
    my account work. I can access XP either in Safe mode or
    normal mode from another account. If anyone thinks of
    something to try to make my main account work, I am eager
    to hear it!

    Thanks

    I'm having the same problem. I just came across this web
    page: http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7646.htm

    I have not tried it yet, but will give it a try. Let me
    know if this corrects your problem as well.

    This should fix your problem. Worked for me.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430

Configuration User Accounts Customization Microsoft Windows XP