Got a POST Problem.

spat55

Distinguished
I have a GA-Z77-D3H, and I am getting either 1 long beep and 2 short beeps or 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. So this could mean either a Keyboard problem, which I think it is or a Monitor or GPU problem, see here.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2248.0.html

I have no problem getting onto the PC, but when trying to access the BIOS it is blank. I have had this code for awhile now but had no problems till I tried to access the bios and it goes to access it then a blank screen. Not to sure what it is, and I have tried booting with everything except for my TV disconnected.

spat55

Distinguished

Yep, tried the board and my GPU, tested different keyboard to, both USB though, also my HDMI goes from my PC, to my AV system, then through my TV, maybe this is what is causing it? Thing is to find out I will have to pull my cabinet out :( Would like to stop the beeps and get one beep though, as it shouldn't be acting like it is.

spat55

Distinguished

I have used the bios before, but now I can't so this can't be the cause, should do it to make sure. Am thinking of buying myself one anyway. Could get some HDMI to DVI adapters, but I am almost certain that it is picking up the signal, as my tv goes to 50hz, but it seems it just can't load the BIOS?

Apart from testing on a monitor, is there anything else I should try?

Corning

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Sounds like you passworded the bios. Some BIOS password request screens are just a blank screen waiting for you to put in the password. - To reset the password and all of the Bios settings, unplug the computer, and pull the battery out that is on your mother board, wait a couple minutes, I think I had one computer where you had to press the power button to discharge a capacitor that helped stabilize power to the CMOS, anyhow pressing power button when unit is unplugged won’t hurt anything any ways. The battery is about the size of a nickel maybe a quarter.
Or the bios screen can’t send information to through the HDMI, not likely but you never know. Unless you have accessed the bios on the TV before. The other thing is the Beeping may indicate a low or dead battery that I was just talking about. They should last for about 2 years, but you can pick one up at Radio Shack. (bring the old one with you)

spat55

Distinguished
Reset the CMOS, and still the 1 long beep 3 short is out. Saying keyboard error, going to pull my Cabinet out and connect straight to TV, if this don't work then a PS/2 Keyboard and then a phone call to gigabyte.