IGT - the 'Killer App' for 3G cellular networks?

Tags:
  • GSM
Last response: in Technologies
August 14, 2004 12:11:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.oki,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Intelligent Grouping Transportation (IGT)

Can the dire global problems of traffic congestion, parking
congestion, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions be rapidly
fixed by a revolutionary new mode of public transport called IGT?

Is IGT also the 'Killer App' for 3G cellular Networks?

See: www.taxibus.org.uk

More about : igt killer app cellular networks

August 15, 2004 12:20:23 AM

On 14 Aug 2004 08:11:18 -0700, joe@taxibus.org.uk (Joe Olmi) wrote:

>Intelligent Grouping Transportation (IGT)
>
>Can the dire global problems of traffic congestion, parking
>congestion, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions be rapidly
>fixed by a revolutionary new mode of public transport called IGT?
>
>Is IGT also the 'Killer App' for 3G cellular Networks?
>
>See: www.taxibus.org.uk

why would I want to kill my phone ?
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 2:35:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.oki,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

joe@taxibus.org.uk (Joe Olmi) climbed onto an orange crate and
shouted:

>Can the dire global problems of traffic congestion, parking
>congestion, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions be rapidly
>fixed by a revolutionary new mode of public transport called IGT?

No.

>Is IGT also the 'Killer App' for 3G cellular Networks?

No.

Next question...

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we." - GW Bush, 5 August 2004
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 4:09:56 AM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:11:18 -0700, Joe Olmi wrote:

> Intelligent Grouping Transportation (IGT)
>
> Can the dire global problems of traffic congestion, parking
> congestion, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions be rapidly
> fixed by a revolutionary new mode of public transport called IGT?
>
> Is IGT also the 'Killer App' for 3G cellular Networks?

Why 3G ? AFAICT it would work just as well with the existing GSM or GPRS
WAP services.

> See: www.taxibus.org.uk

Good in theory. But what about actually getting it off the drawing-board,
and into a real working system.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)