My computer wont POST. Urgent.

Today I received the parts for my first computer build and I have now assembled the computer and have just powered it on. All the fans start spinning (case fans, heat sink fan, GPU fan and so on) but despite having everything wired up I get no POST beep and my computer doesn't enter BIOS. My motherboard (Asus M5A97 Pro) Displays a red light next to the processor (AMD Phenom II 960t) which, according to the manual,means the CPU isn't working. The fans spin on the heat sink but the processor doesn't work (according to the motherboard light). This is my first build ever and I'm extremely worried as I've spend upwards of £600 altogether on it. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer wont post urgent
  1. Go here and follow the prescribed steps. If this doesn't solve your problems, come back for more assistance:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
  2. Thank you so much!!!!! Turned out I didn't have the CPU power in :D. You've saved me so much trouble. 1000 thanks.
  3. Good job on tracking down. Have fun!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems