'Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered'

ILM

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hey,

I'm running Windows 7 and this has happened a few times. The PC freezes and then starts working again. A little pop up appears 'Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered'.

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 
P2: 
P3: 
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20111113-1449.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-8590101-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WER15B4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_cab_0f6315b4

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b92a9a92-0e06-11e1-8abc-f46d048fe153
Report Status: 4

ifrico

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Yeah I had the same problem. But it scaled to worse. Now I just get blackscreen and everything freezes. After a while the (black&white) pixels comes up and then its either manual reboot or auto. One red light have started to shine on the card so I guess it has done its work.

Its dosent solve your problem but you might get an idea of whats comming up if it keeps going like this.

ILM

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
This is pretty new (2 weeks old), it's a replacement motherboard for the exact same model that was fault - which kept freezing and rebooting. At least this time I get an error message.

ILM

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
This is pretty new (2 weeks old), it's a replacement motherboard for the exact same model that was fault - which kept freezing and rebooting. At least this time I get an error message.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I have had that same problem and I know the answer. Your video card is going and you need to replace it. Start talking with the manufacture before your computer is completely unusable. If it is one built onto the motherboard then that sucks but you are going to need to replace it again. I would try to get a different motherboard from them seeing as this is the second problem. I would like to know the brand and motherboard so as I know never to use this. Good luck with getting it fixed.

ILM

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 880G Socket AM3 Onboard 128MB Memory DVI VGA HDMI Out ATX Motherboard

Thanks, damn annoying as I've had it for 10 days. FFS.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Your welcome I hope I helped, ASUS is normally a good brand, seems you have gotten the 1/200 boards that are broken twice. If your build is over $500 just wondering why it doesn't have a graphics card.

ILM

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Not really a 'gamer'. So never though of buying a graphics card.