M5a97 e R2.0 motherboard - everything is booting up just nothing on the moniter

ukbulldog1992

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hello i have recentlybought a motherboard off Amazon the Asus M5a97 Le r2.0 i have installed the motherboard along with everything else ( Processor, GPU, etc...) when i go to turn the power on my PC everything boots up expect the display on my moniter i have tried every possible solution i have look on different forums and tried to everything they have suggested but still no luck :/ i and a friend have looked over the wiring to make sure everything is in place and that all the parts are compatible with the motherboard! any helpon this situation would be helpful :)

My Pc spec is:
AMD Phenom ii x4 Blacdk edition
Asus M5a97 Le r2.0
Geforce Gtx 550 ti
8Gb of ram ( Team Elite )
700w Alpine PSU

Thanks for you time - Jamie

ukbulldog1992

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Ive connected the "beeper" to the motherboard but nothing is coming out of it I made sure I connected this part when I installed the board into the case but yeah no beeps what so ever :(

ukbulldog1992

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

Yeah everything is plugged in the monitor and its set to hdmi I also tried the VGA cable aswell still no luck :(

ukbulldog1992

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Ive striped everything and started from scratch put everything back in still no joy :( same thing keeps happening pc boots up but nothing is showing on the monitor its like theres no signal going through to the monitor :/

ratheeshkannan

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Bought the same motherboard today and have the same proc and almost same config.
The pc ran for the first time ... went inside th bios and started installing os, ended abruptly.
After that no post no beeps, led indicator too went off. tried all configs but still no light and no beep with no post.
After got too much frustrated removed all parts and assembled again, now led ind is back on but still no post no beep (even without ram).
have to try with my old graphics card and another slot combination.
Anyone got any solution for this?

CheddarIzBetter

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I have the exact same board and processor as you and I've been having the exact same problem. I've been on the horn with ASUS a couple of times, verified that all my components are compatible with the pre-installed BIOS version, and tested all the parts in a friends computer, and everything works.

One thing the ASUS tech told me that I hadn't thought of (but wasn't MY solution) was to check the slider on your PSU to ensure that it's set to 115 rather than 240 (or whatever the values are exactly, I can't remember)

I'm waiting on a case speaker to test for beep codes, but short of that I'm going to RMA the board with ASUS directly. I've already RMA'd it once, but I did it through tigerdirect where I bought it. Same problem with both boards. I'm hoping this isn't a bad batch that you and I got. :(