Device not Recognised (DVD drive)

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I have recently bought some components for a home build and I am trying to install Windows 7 to the HDD to startup.

The issue I am having is the system itself isn't recognising the DVD drive. The error message asks me to "insert another boot device and press a key" for it to start. I have tried multiple disks with no success. The disk drive itself IS recognised in the BIOS but it just doesn't seem to acknowledge it during the boot setup. I have tried different SATA connectors on the board and different SATA cables.

My build is currently as follows: i5 2500k, asus p8p67 pro rev-3, 8gb RAM. 500gb sata3 WD caviar blue & an LG DVDRW drive (cannot remember the model from the top of my head). There are no error lights on the board flickering, all the fans are spinning correctly and I am receiving no POST beeps. I have tried resetting the CMOS jumpers also to no avail.

Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Sorry for forgetting to mention that, I have already changed the boot priority order with no success. I have also directly selected the option to boot straight for the disk drive within the BIOS with no success.

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
It is yes, My 7 disk was broken during a house move but I had made an ISO backup. Would that be the source of the problem?

sk1939

Distinguished
Depends if it was an exact clone or not. Some CD burning programs don't write the boot information to the disc, or write it properly. When burning the disc, it may have presented an option for a normal, or bootable disc. If you selected normal, this would be the end result.

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I think this will probably be my best bet! I am going to try a known working drive when I get home from work, fingers crossed that will be the problem.

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I used poweriso the first time to burn, second time I used another solo iso burning program just to be sure.

Stocky

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I managed to take a look last night and it was apparent it was the fact I had not made the disk bootable. Turns out when I backed up the disk I just dragged and dropped the files off of it. Thanks a lot guys!