Sign in with
Your question

Computer upgrade with new graphics card but booting up issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2011 3:57:06 PM

Hey guys,
okay so I have a e-machine w3650. It came with Intel celeron 440 2.0 GHz CPU, 1 GB of ddr2 ram and integrated graphics. So having such a crap computer and not being able to get a whole new computer at the moment I took it upon myself to upgrade a few things. I bought a new gpu which was a radeon hd 6570 with 1 GB of ddr3 ram,upped my psu to 400w because of the graphics card requirements and also added another gb of ddr2 ram to the system. At first I just installed everything and booted up my PC and later deleting the integrated graphics drivers and turning it off in the bios or at least I think I did. Computer recognizes hd 6570 as primary card and old integrated card doesn't even show up in device manager but sometimes when starting my computer it doesn't boot. The tower will light up but screen won't respond like something isn't going though correctly and every now and then when it does that there's a little buzzing noise like it might be coming from inside the tower, maybe the graphics card. I've checked to see if everything is placed well and am now clueless on what it could be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If any additional info is needed just ask.
a c 1402 U Graphics card
November 13, 2011 4:18:35 PM

Could be a low quality PSU.
November 14, 2011 3:35:29 AM

rolli59 said:
Could be a low quality PSU.

After asking a couple people the same question, I received a few answer concerning the psu. After thinking about it, it may very well be the psu. I looked up the recommended psu for the radeon hd 6750 and mines was not listed, though its not exactly a low brand psu but whatever I'll be upgrading my psu, as well as some other things around January haha, to about 600w or so for future upgrades.
Thank you for your help, I hope that this is the source of my problem.
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:46:26 AM

I hope that PSU is the problem...
Keep in mind, next time, build your own machine, it's cheaper, more powerful and fun.. :) 
November 14, 2011 5:58:36 PM

wa1 said:
I hope that PSU is the problem...
Keep in mind, next time, build your own machine, it's cheaper, more powerful and fun.. :) 

Yeah building it completely from scratch is worth it, that's what I pretty much plan on doing around January. But wouldn't it be the same if I were just to change/upgrade the mobo and cpu? Thus increasing the amount of ram it can take, so then I could upgrade that to something like 4gb instead of being limited to just 2gb and maybe even upgrade the gpu (and psu if needed).
!