Microsoft Outlook Icon in Start Panel

September 8, 2004 11:46:48 AM

Hi all,
after installing Style XP and after trying some icon packages, my
Microsoft Outlook Icon in Start Panel is not correct: it remains the
last. So I tried a feature of Style XP "Restore Previous Icons": it
works with all icons, but not with Microsoft Outlook. How can I
restore my Icon?

PS: The Microsoft Outlook Icon is correct in Outlook, on the Desktop.
Only in Start Panel is incorrect.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:49:51 AM

Tambu--

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say the Outlook Icon in the
Start Panel "is not correct...it remains the last." Why don't you take the
incorrect shortcut icon off the start menu by right clicking it and clicking
"unpin from start menu." Then just drag the correct icon that you say is
correct on the desktop to the start menu, then right click it and click "pin
to start menu." Won't that get you where you want? If that doesn't work
and I can't see why it wouldn't, then you can go here:

Kelly's XP Tweaks

and try clicking Line 31 Right (Disable Changes to Start Menu)
Line 283 (Right) Add the Outlook 2003 Icon to the desktop

If for any reason you don't have what looks like the Outlook icon you want
on the desktop to drag to the Start Button (Menu) then either just use Line
283 (Right) Add the Outlook 2003 Icon to the desktop, or just put any
shortcut on the desktop and change it to the OL Icon>right
click>properties>whatever driver you have Office Installed>Program
Files>Microsoft Office>Office 11 Outlook Icon.

hth,

Chad Harris

!