Need Advice on AMD specs

I want to asemble a gaming desktop. i wish to play games like Modern Warfare 3, NFS Run ect..

AMD phenom II X4 980 Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6950 GPU

i just need adviceto know which MOBO to buy for the above components. Amd if the above are good enough to play the mentioned games ?
4 answers Last reply
More about need advice specs
  1. Since you did not provide us with a budget, I would go for this one if it fits price wise

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131735
  2. Both are good enough. Especially since MW 3 uses a re-hashed engine from 3-4 years ago.

What kind of mobo are you looking for? Any specific features? Bulldozer support? Are you intending to Overclock? If you are I would get a lower CPU - the 965BE or 955 -they are excellent overclockers and save you a little bit of cash.

Whats your budget for a mobo, or even a complete budget? I've heard good things about the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX ATX AMD Motherboard. This motherboard supports bulldozer - and should support piledriver when it is unleashed.
  3. You are better off getting i5-2300 for $15 dollars more than the Phenom II x4 980. The IPC is much better and you will get higher FPS in games.
  4. Definitely buy an AM3+ motherboard which will allow you to use later model processors that Phenom 980

The Asock 970 extreme 4 is the best of the budget boards because of its feature set

but anything with a 970 or 990 chipset will have the longest life
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Games AMD Systems Product