PCIe card for watching videos

I don't do much gaming, mostly I watch videos converted for my PC or streamed to it. I do a lot of web searching and writing on my blogs but I noticed that my existing video card, Nvidia GeForce 6800 XS/XT, isn't cutting it anymore. I'm going to do a system rebuild and want to place a good graphics card on my mobo, which I still haven't selected yet but will have PCI Express.
2 answers Last reply
More about pcie card watching videos
  1. Current onboard motherboard or CPU solutions are sufficient to watch HD videos so you need to select that hardware first!
  2. I expect that I worded my thoughts incorrectly. rolli59 is correct about the onboard capabilities for video with current mobo configurations. I believe what I'm really looking for is that mobo package that will be best for video, as opposed to gaming which I really don't do on my PC anymore. I want the best bang for my buck mobo configuration(cpu, mobo, mem, vid card) I can get and I figure that there have to b e some good ideas here on that. I want to be able to pop a BluRay disc in and get no jitter or pauses on playback anytime. What I have now jitters on a 720p avi file, that's why the new build. Thanks everyone for whatever feedback you have.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Graphics