Brand new psu and classic problem

Hello
I have bought an antec truepower 650w just installed it however whenever I push the on button I am getting the classic fans for short 1/4 of a second then off so I am stumped on what to do

Ps:2 lights on gtx 560ti are on and the USB ports are giving power (charges my phone) also mobo lights are green also just to clarify I replaced the power supply only so components do work
Thanks!
12 answers Last reply
More about brand classic problem
  1. May have the wrong antec connector to the video card. Double check to be sure.
  2. Using 2 6 pin connectors one has additional 2 coming from it but I tried using 2 completely different 6 pin cables from the psu and none at all but the problem still remains
  3. Re-seat all the cards and power connections. If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest breadboarding to see if you can get a boot outside the case.

Edit: Adding breadboard link: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-262730_13_0.html
  4. Thanks for info and would using an box instead work also shouldn't the cards be seated well as I literally just took out the old power supply and plugged one in with the 8 pin on motherboard, one on hdd, 2 6 pins on the gtx 560ti, and also the 24 pin into the motherboard
  5. You're not turning off too quickly are you? Let it run for a while.
  6. I guess you were just wanting to test the PSU before going thru the install process. My first thought is definitely a bad connection on a power cord.

Do you have another PC you can test this PSU on?
  7. I haves used 2 power cables 1 5amp fuse and 1 13amp also no I don't but I do have other psu which does boot the system
  8. Seems to be a faulty PSU as I can use my old trusty G7 with no problems
    Going to think twice now or thrice now before paying lots for a branded PSU
  9. Antec is one of the so-so branded PSU suppliers, I have one and have used that same one (BQ550) in like 3 builds.. but some of there other ones have had bad reviews, and DOA problems.. Sounds like you have a DOA unit if hooking everything up a second time dosn't solve your problems.
  10. I hope I can get a replacement then
  11. If it's too late to exchange it with your vender, email antec for an rma request: http://www.antec.com/index.php?page=info_contact. I've talked to them by phone before; no problems getting through to a real person, but you should be able to do this online. Just select "contact us"; my link didn't save.
  12. Thanks I'll file for a replacement
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Classic Components