Changing the time for windows boot loader

Al

I formated my hd with win 98 to get a fat32 system.
I then did a clean intall with winxp home.
When booting up, I geta boot loader that offers to boot win xp as the
default and then win98.
How can I either change the time (it's at 30 sec now) or just get rid of the
98 option?

TIA

Al

Visit my website www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net Click the Win XP Faq
button and take a look at questions 76 and 77.
Question 76 will give you instructions on how to get to the boot ini file
and how to edit it. When you arrive at the Start-up and Recovery window
first make sure that Windows XP is your default operating system. This is
displayed 'system startup' dialog box, i.e., "windows xp professional"
/FASTDETECT. If this is not your default option click the green down arrow
on the right of the default operating system dialog box and select it from
the drop down list. All you need do then is change the 'time to display list
of operating system' to 0 (zero). Click Ok and then exit the start-up and
recovery window. The next time you boot up windows xp should boot without
the menu.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert