Sign in with
Your question

Asus sabertooth 990fx chipset drivers

Last response: in CPUs
April 23, 2012 7:07:41 PM

Hello,
I just purchased the sabertooth 990fx mobo and an AMD FX-8120 cpu. Im having some problems with it, when i check out the driver provider for the cpu in device manager it tells me that the driver is a microsoft branded one from 2006. The processor isnt that old and i feel like it could be limiting the potential of the cpu. Any advice/ideas?
a c 78 à CPUs
April 23, 2012 7:25:41 PM

Mine says the same thing. Driver date 6/21/2006 I have the same motherboard but different processor. While I confess I don't know what that is. I can say with a fair amount of certainty it wont result in limiting your potential. When you click the "Update driver", it comes back and tells me that it is the latest driver version.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 9:02:05 AM

It doesn't hinder your cpu whats so ever. I have same motherboard and same processor as you do popesicle. My pc is screaming fast i love it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 437 à CPUs
December 19, 2013 10:08:12 AM

ldewitt said:
It doesn't hinder your cpu whats so ever. I have same motherboard and same processor as you do popesicle. My pc is screaming fast i love it.

Have a look at the date of the post :p 
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 10:12:35 AM

JOOK-D said:
ldewitt said:

Have a look at the date of the post :p 

Lmao good point.
m
l
!