Not enough header pins for front panel!!

BSWIFT89

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I purchased a rosewill case and a 970A gigabyte Motherboard and the case only has 3 header pins but my motherboard requires like 2 more 2pins and another 4 pin WTF DO I DO! My computer wont even turn on except for a few rare times im afraid im going to hurt my motherboard

Check the manual for each!

Usually, case "header pins" as you called them, I think, are for Power, Reset, Drive Activity LED, and Power LED.

Motherboards usually have all those, plus pins for a speaker.

If your case doesn't have all those, it's okay, you just won't use them. Power is the only one you really need.

popatim

Titan
We're going to need to know exactly what these header pins you're talking about are supposed to be for. And your exact motherbd model #.

I suspect OP is talkinig about Fans.

There are 2, 3, or 4 wire fans and come in a 2, 3, or 4 pin connector. Your motherbd will have 3 or 4 pin headers that will accept 3 and 4 pin fans. Whereas the 2 pin connector should be a molex which would attach directly to a molex coming the Power supply

BSWIFT89

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
The motherboard is gigabyte 970A-UD3 and what im talking about is the cord that goes from your case to the front panel on the motherboard that hooks up your power and led lights, msg lights, CI, etc

OK, got ya. Just plug in the wires you have in the places they're supposed to go and you should be good. I have unused pins on my mobo too (don't have a system speaker and my reset button wire is screwed, so I just don't plug it in), and it works just fine.