Somehow a co-worker messed up my desktop...it now has what looks like an
explorer task bar on the left vertical and there is no ability to right-click
on it...shows what an icon is on the desktop if it is clicked on. This never
goes away and has caused my actual desktop area to be smaller...I feel like I
have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works. I even tried
moving the horizontal, but it is locked to the startbar...the co-worker has
no idea how it happened...any ideas? Desperate!

Removing Common Tasks from Desktop:

Click Start, Run and type regsvr32 /i shell32
Restart Windows.

-or-
Fix from Doug Knox's site:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"Karapn" <Karapn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Somehow a co-worker messed up my desktop...it now has what looks like an
explorer task bar on the left vertical and there is no ability to
right-click
on it...shows what an icon is on the desktop if it is clicked on. This
never
goes away and has caused my actual desktop area to be smaller...I feel like
have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works. I even tried
moving the horizontal, but it is locked to the startbar...the co-worker has
no idea how it happened...any ideas? Desperate!

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

THanks. That turned it off, but how did it get turned on,
and where can this be found on my pc's

Harry