Help me identify this game!

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I don't remember if it's Xbox- or PS2-only or cross-platform, and I
think the genre is RPG-adventure, but anyhoo:

Early in the game there's a scenario in which, after talking to various
people in a stereotypical, post-apocalyptic shantytown, you and a
couple adventurers enter a field cordoned off by an electric fence, and
against the clock, try to find something or somebody in the field, and
return to the shantytown before some "prisoners" turn into zombies or
monsters or large rabbits or something. Also, inside the field are
roving gangs of mercenaries you can either engage or avoid, et cetera.

I'm pretty sure the game came out within the last 12-18 months.

Antoine Bugleboy wrote:

> I don't remember if it's Xbox- or PS2-only or cross-platform, and I
> think the genre is RPG-adventure, but anyhoo:
>
> Early in the game there's a scenario in which, after talking to
> various people in a stereotypical, post-apocalyptic shantytown, you
> and a couple adventurers enter a field cordoned off by an electric
> fence, and against the clock, try to find something or somebody in
> the field, and return to the shantytown before some "prisoners" turn
> into zombies or monsters or large rabbits or something. Also, inside
> the field are roving gangs of mercenaries you can either engage or
> avoid, et cetera.
>
> I'm pretty sure the game came out within the last 12-18 months.

I don't recall this exact scenario, but from the description it sounds like
it could be Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Though I don't think you had a
party of companions in that game unless you played co-op with another
person. Maybe you just dreamt it? :)

-Z-

Zackman wrote:

> [F]rom the description it sounds like it
> could be Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Nah...*that* game I avoided.

Thanks, though.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <050720051127124750%bjd@com.net.org>, bjd@com.net.org says...
> I don't remember if it's Xbox- or PS2-only or cross-platform, and I
> think the genre is RPG-adventure, but anyhoo:
>
> Early in the game there's a scenario in which, after talking to various
> people in a stereotypical, post-apocalyptic shantytown, you and a
> couple adventurers enter a field cordoned off by an electric fence, and
> against the clock, try to find something or somebody in the field, and
> return to the shantytown before some "prisoners" turn into zombies or
> monsters or large rabbits or something. Also, inside the field are
> roving gangs of mercenaries you can either engage or avoid, et cetera.
>
> I'm pretty sure the game came out within the last 12-18 months.

I'm pretty sure the game you are referring to is Steel Battalion.
--

K4lM D0Wn, d34R. 17'Z 0NLY 4 K0Mm3Rc14L

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Antoine Bugleboy" <bjd@com.net.org> skrev i melding
>I don't remember if it's Xbox- or PS2-only or cross-platform, and I
> think the genre is RPG-adventure, but anyhoo:
>
> Early in the game there's a scenario in which, after talking to various
> people in a stereotypical, post-apocalyptic shantytown, you and a
> couple adventurers enter a field cordoned off by an electric fence, and
> against the clock, try to find something or somebody in the field, and
> return to the shantytown before some "prisoners" turn into zombies or
> monsters or large rabbits or something. Also, inside the field are
> roving gangs of mercenaries you can either engage or avoid, et cetera.
>
> I'm pretty sure the game came out within the last 12-18 months.

The game you`re referring too sounds like Tchernobyl or whatever the game
was called,
it played out at first around the Tchernobyl reactor.
At least i think so.