Solved

Need help picking a graphic card

Hello, I want to play fallout 3 on my computer but the graphics card is not good enough i need help picking one that will allow me to play it and i don't want to spend tons of money

right now my computer is using the stock NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i
and my computer is ACPI x86 based
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need picking graphic card
  1. Need more specs than that, like Power supply, motherboard (or computer brand/model) budget, basically any information you can give about the computer will be helpful.
  2. Yes,please list your full system specs.(CPU,RAM,etc.)

    What is your budget?
  3. FULL specs, please...
    CPU? RAM? MOBO? GPU? PSU? Monitor? Budget?
  4. Zygodactyl said:
    Hello, I want to play fallout 3 on my computer but the graphics card is not good enough i need help picking one that will allow me to play it and i don't want to spend tons of money

    right now my computer is using the stock NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i
    and my computer is ACPI x86 based


    4GB RAM
    Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU 8400 3.00 GHz
    160W Power Source
    PC CHIPS P55G (V1.0) Core 2 Quad/ MCP73V/ FSB 1333/ A&V&L/ MATX Motherboard
    $60 Budget (I don't want to spend much)

    i Don't want an amazing gaming computer just one that can manage to play Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas Without much problems
  5. Best answer
    What is the make/model of your PSU?

    Because of your PSU your not going to be able to get an optimal card.Just something that will allow you to play,at least better than the intergreated.

    Here's what you can get...

    PowerColor 6450 $46 + Free Shipping

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131398
  6. purple stank said:
    What is the make/model of your PSU?

    Because of your PSU your not going to be able to get an optimal card.Just something that will allow you to play,at least better than the intergreated.

    Here's what you can get...

    PowerColor 6450 $46 + Free Shipping

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131398


    i have a 300Watt power supply laying around what if i put that power supply in
  7. Sorry, the PSU in my computer now is a Delta DPS-300AB-15B with a max Power 300W (that says it can't exceed 160 watts for some reason)
    and i have a two other PSU laying around a LiteOn PS-6251-2H1 250 Max Power and a Dell NPS-180AB A 180 Max Power
  8. Well, all of your PSU listed above is not good...
    If you want to get better picture then you must get a new PSU and higher card, seeing your budget is limited, so I agree with purple stank above, PowerColor HD6450 (this even not a gaming card), at least it's much better than integrated.
  9. wa1 said:
    Well, all of your PSU listed above is not good...
    If you want to get better picture then you must get a new PSU and higher card, seeing your budget is limited, so I agree with purple stank above, PowerColor HD6450 (this even not a gaming card), at least it's much better than integrated.



    will the PowerColor 6450 allow me to play Fallout 3 with a major problem
  10. I agree you need a much better psu and graphics card if you want to see any perfomance gain, and your budget of $60 won't see you doing this.
    Best to save up some more money for a better PSU and GPU
  11. I mean without a major problem
  12. The main problem is HD6450 is NOT a gaming card, I would say you can play that game but with lowest setting. Lowest setting mean the picture will not good and you will experience some lags or stuttering or something like that...
  13. Best answer selected by zygodactyl.
  14. Thanks everybody you all helped alot and all of you are awesome, especially wa1 and purple stank
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Nvidia Graphics Product