• Overclocking
  • BIOS
  • Foxconn
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 6, 2013 4:17:20 PM

Hi i was wondering if any of you can help me with updating my bios or unlocking it at that. I'm starting to get into overclocking and HP locks the bios from factory so i cant really do anything about it and would like to try and overclock my processor a little bit and see what i can do.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/882246_4964...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/733929_4964...

More about : foxconn 2ab1 bios

a b V Motherboard
March 6, 2013 5:53:00 PM

bump
m
l
June 6, 2013 1:56:01 AM

I have nearly the same specs as you, except I have X4 640. The only way you could overclock is to either get a new motherboard or try to overclock outside of the bios (like a program online) but I hear that's really unsafe. I opted for a whole new computer because it is god awful unless I play on Project64.
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2013 8:40:52 AM

Whats project64? I am also about to get a new rig. Finally I should be able to actually experience computer gaming!
m
l
June 13, 2013 9:17:47 AM

Lamont Harrison said:
Whats project64? I am also about to get a new rig. Finally I should be able to actually experience computer gaming!

It's a N64 Emulator, the only thing I could run at max settings. I got my new computer a couple of days ago. Only have an FX-4300 with a Gigabyte 7770 and I've been stuck onto Skyrim on PC now. Plays 1080p high settings with smooth 60fps. What are the specs of your new rig?
m
l
June 13, 2013 10:34:17 AM

xI McCloud29 Ix said:
Lamont Harrison said:

It's a N64 Emulator, the only thing I could run at max settings. I got my new computer a couple of days ago. Only have an FX-4300 with a Gigabyte 7770 and I've been stuck onto Skyrim on PC now. Plays 1080p high settings with smooth 60fps. What are the specs of your new rig?

I haven't got mine yet but this is what I just built for an idea. I have a friend who said he would get me a asus GTX680 2 gb Video card but if he doesn't come thru then I will get the one in this build
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/gotchanutts/saved/1LlA
m
l
June 13, 2013 3:50:18 PM

That's a build should work well for most games at high settings, you would have better video card than I, especially with a 680. Should play anything at 60fps besides maybe Crysis 3 on Ultra or something. Would your friend sell you the 680 or just give it to you? If you could save money that way I think you should upgrade the CPU with a 680, maybe a FX-6300 or if you can go for the 8350. Got a feeling that CPU would bottleneck in one way or another.
m
l
June 14, 2013 3:17:03 AM

xI McCloud29 Ix said:
That's a build should work well for most games at high settings, you would have better video card than I, especially with a 680. Should play anything at 60fps besides maybe Crysis 3 on Ultra or something. Would your friend sell you the 680 or just give it to you? If you could save money that way I think you should upgrade the CPU with a 680, maybe a FX-6300 or if you can go for the 8350. Got a feeling that CPU would bottleneck in one way or another.

If I do get the 680 I will look for a better cpu. Thanks for the heads up. I would hate to finally get my new rig only to find out the hard way I made a mistake. I try not to count on what is supposed to happen been down that road before. It would be awesome if my friend does come thru but I wont wait. Once I have the money in hand I wont have the strength to stop myself from getting a new rig. Thanks for the heads up about the cpu bottle neck issue.
m
l
!