Deleting data in root!

BewareOfButtlice

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Customer bought a brand new Windows 8 PC. I have their data backed up on my workstation in a single folder (with their docs and other stuff in sub folders). I pulled the hard drive from the new PC, plugged it into my workstation, transferred their data into the root of their new hard drive, and plugged it back into their new computer. Now, to my surprise, when the computer is loaded into windows and i browse to the root of the hard drive, the data is completely gone! The space used on the drive doesn't even show the 137gb of data i transferred to their computer! It has done this to me twice now. I'm now transferring over the network but was curious to see if anyone else has had a similar issues? A stupid security feature in windows 8?

BewareOfButtlice

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
lol never mind. Their brand new computer i pulled out of the box has a bad hard drive. it wont even load into windows anymore. transferring files over the network kept saying the files are unreadable or corrupted but the files transfer to another windows 8 computer without an issue... Ill add the "deleting files" to the list of things ive never seen before in computers in the last 17 years of working on them. :-\