Computer freezes with loud buzzing sound from speakers

So ill be playing a game and around 1hr or so in my computer will freeze and ill hear a buzzing sound from speakers, im sure its not coming from inside my case. i have all my drivers updated and i even exchanged my graphics card under warranty thinking that it was the problem. one thing i do notice that when it does lock up all my temps CPU/Cores/GPU are all around 60-63 C. not sure if it maybe a overheating problem or not. Also when it does crash i don't get a blue screen it just locks up and makes that buzzing sound.

System Specs:

CPU: i7 950 @3.07 GHZ
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 7770
Mobo: Sabertooth x58
PSU : 650 Watt corsair TX

Any help solving this would be appreciated. Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about computer freezes loud buzzing sound speakers
  1. Ok so i ran memtest86 with all 3 of my sticks and i started to get a lot of errors so then i decided to run them one at a time and i got none with 1 pass on all 3 so i put them all back in and ran it again and got no errors after 10 passes. so I'm not sure what that means.
  2. Try running it again, it could be that the memory controller is starting to go.
  3. Does this happen only when gaming? If you just leave your Machine on for a hour or so, does the problem manifest itself?
  4. Rumbletum said:
    Does this happen only when gaming? If you just leave your Machine on for a hour or so, does the problem manifest itself?

It actually only happens when im playing Tera normally i only play League of Legends which is much less demanding on my system. I can leave my computer on all day and i wont have any problems. so I'm not sure. Ill try running the tests again. and see what happens
  5. i checked my memory again and had no problems.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
  6. Try some other games to see if the same problem comes up. If it does it suggests there could be a hardware related issue but if it is only for one or two games while everything else is rock solid then software is to blame.
  7. nforce4max said:
    Try some other games to see if the same problem comes up. If it does it suggests there could be a hardware related issue but if it is only for one or two games while everything else is rock solid then software is to blame.

Ok ill try it
  8. I tend towards nForce4max's view. I have had similar problems in the past when playing games, and these have been the results of a games software bug / glitchy. For example in a particular cave in Skyrim. If Tera allows you to vary graphics, sound etc try altering the settings to lowest value and move upwards. Has anyone on a Tera forum reported the same problem?

Cheers
  9. I've tried running Tera under lowest settings and still got the same problem. Once the game starts up again ill try a few fixes/idea's I've come up with. I don't have another game that will put my computer under load like Tera.
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Computers Components