Sign in with
Your question

Furmark crashes windows & blue screens

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2011 2:22:23 AM

two 6950 crossfire, stock clocks 800 core frequency, 1250 memory frequency.

Whenever Furmark or MSI Kombuster runs, the gpu frequency gets throttled up and down.

PC running on a NZXT 1000W PSU, so power isn't a problem.

sometimes i run it my graphic driver would crash, then the PC goes into a blue screen.

GPU Core however, does not throttle on Battlefield 3.
a c 254 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:18:21 AM

Does the same thing happen when you play any of the games or just when you use the Furmark and Kombuster software. Since Furmark is a video card stress tester then either the drivers are faulty or one of the cards is. I would take the cards one at a time and try the software and then switch then around in the slots to try and determine if it is one of the cards or one of the motherboards slots.
m
l
November 14, 2011 3:48:32 AM

Thanks for posting!

It only happens when i use Furmark & Kombuster "Burn-Ins".

i could set the core frequency & voltages as high as i want on MSI Afterburner and it would still throttle in those two softwares.

It works fine on Battlefield 3 however and does not experience throttling, no artifacts, smooth fps on ultra.

If i get lucky, furmark would run with +3 more FPS when Power Control Setting is +5%, that is also when the the GPU no longer throttles. Sometimes it runs and doesn't crash, other times it crashes.

Should i just set it to +20%, overclock on MSI Afterburner and not use Furmark as a burn-in program?

It's crashing at 0% Power Control Settings too.

Doesn't crash on Battlefield 3 Ultra Settings, 60-63 FPS. Rose Power Setting to +20%, still no crash. No FPS Improvement though.
m
l
!