Windows explorer default settings

September 8, 2004 3:55:37 PM

Is there any way to configure windows explorer's defaults to avoid
having to set them all each time a profile is created?

For instance, I'd like to be able to set:
-All folders view details
-Don't hide extensions
-Don't hide hidden files

once for a given machine and have new profiles get those settings when
they are created.

If thats not possible, any way to load the settings via batch file?
Registry hack? Whatever! I'm getting weary of all this clicking!

click click click click
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 11:57:32 AM

Banjo,

Windows XP uses the built-in default user profile as a template to assign a
profile to each new user. Many users modify this built-in profile with a
custom user profile so that each new user receives a custom version of the
profile. If you wish to customize the "Default User" profile (optional), see
this MS-KB for more information:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Banjo" <banjolicious@netscape.net> wrote in message
Is there any way to configure windows explorer's defaults to avoid
having to set them all each time a profile is created?

For instance, I'd like to be able to set:
-All folders view details
-Don't hide extensions
-Don't hide hidden files

once for a given machine and have new profiles get those settings when
they are created.

If thats not possible, any way to load the settings via batch file?
Registry hack? Whatever! I'm getting weary of all this clicking!

click click click click
April 12, 2009 4:13:22 PM

How do you change things like when you open explorer the C drive is automatically collapsed. Where can you change this ... in the registry?

Dan Kosmayer
!