Windows explorer default settings

Is there any way to configure windows explorer's defaults to avoid
having to set them all each time a profile is created?

For instance, I'd like to be able to set:
-All folders view details
-Don't hide extensions
-Don't hide hidden files

once for a given machine and have new profiles get those settings when
they are created.

If thats not possible, any way to load the settings via batch file?
Registry hack? Whatever! I'm getting weary of all this clicking!

click click click click
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer default settings

    Banjo,

    Windows XP uses the built-in default user profile as a template to assign a
    profile to each new user. Many users modify this built-in profile with a
    custom user profile so that each new user receives a custom version of the
    profile. If you wish to customize the "Default User" profile (optional), see
    this MS-KB for more information:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Banjo" <banjolicious@netscape.net> wrote in message
    Is there any way to configure windows explorer's defaults to avoid
    having to set them all each time a profile is created?

    For instance, I'd like to be able to set:
    -All folders view details
    -Don't hide extensions
    -Don't hide hidden files

    once for a given machine and have new profiles get those settings when
    they are created.

    If thats not possible, any way to load the settings via batch file?
    Registry hack? Whatever! I'm getting weary of all this clicking!

    click click click click
  2. How do you change things like when you open explorer the C drive is automatically collapsed. Where can you change this ... in the registry?

    Dan Kosmayer

Configuration Windows Explorer Default Customization Windows XP