Graphics or monitor issue?

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my display (I think), and want to make sure I don't make the same mistake when I buy a new monitor.

I have a Dell ST2210 and am running games on 1080 with a GTX 560Ti. I have always noticed the problem with others games, but it really showed when I was playing Skyrim. I'm not getting any problems with graphic lag--my card runs smooth and cool.

The problem seems to be a gamma/contrast correction issue. When i'm looking at a brightly lit area and switch the camera quickly to a dark place it takes the monitor a solid second to adjust the darkness to a slightly brighter setting (black becomes a shade a gray). The whole grayscale on this monitor has always seemed off for me--things being hazy when they should be clear. Can some recommend a good monitor or a possible fix?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about graphics monitor issue
  1. Are drivers all installed correctly?
  2. Yes--my graphics card drivers are up to date (though I mentioned the problem has been noticable with many versions). Windows 7 auto-installed the drivers for my monitor, and it says they are up to date. I will check the website after this post for updates.
  3. Drivers for your gpu, not your monitor........
  4. amuffin said:
    Drivers for your gpu, not your monitor........

Would you be able to tell me how to fix this in the Nvidia control panel? I have almost all of the settings set to "application controlled", and made sure I added the game I'm talking about to the program list. Let me know if you have any ideas.
  5. Go to nvidia's website and download the latest drivers.
  6. amuffin said:
    Go to nvidia's website and download the latest drivers.

Look, i'm not new to this. I update my drivers, especially my graphics driver, on a regular basis. I wouldn't post this issue without already having done so..

Here is a screenshot of my problem. The first one is EXACTLY when I look from an area with good lighting to an area that is dark. The second one is the transition that i'm referring to--it takes about a second for the brightness to adjust, and it happens gradually.

FIRST

SECOND

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics