venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
First sorry for my poor english it isn't my normal language.

Second I'm a gamer using 1000-1600res while running skype and web browser (I alt+tab a lot), (sometime even streaming a movie on the web browser)

Usualy I build a top gaming PC then a few years later I must re-build one all over in order to keep it up-to date with the lastest games.

But I'd prefer to be able to replace parts every year or so instead of rebuilding one from scratch every 3-4 years.

Is it something even possible ?

ATM I have a Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz Q6600 with a 8800GTX.

So well I need a new GPU that can run DX11, But even if I'd get a bether one the CPU would probably not be able to use it to its full power even overcloked. If I change the CPU my mobo won't work on any top inter chipset anyway so I must replace it too and a GPU + CPU + mobo is almost a full new computer.

So am I expecting the impossible or is it possible to build a Desktop that I'd just need to upgrade a piece or 2 every years or so ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah this is something I've been thinking of since I could just overclock the GPU a little to help it since a 8800gtx still isn't so bad for an old GPU on low resolution

As for the CPU I'm temped by the sexy i5-2500k but I,ve been told that AMD aren't upgrading their mobo as fast as intel is doing. If its true I might be considering going AMD.