// Folders open in New Windows //

Hello.

As I was changing around icons for file types, I did so
for the type File Folder. When I did this, I realized that
I had also changed the Actions of it as when I opened a
folder, the search window came up. So I added "Open"
and "Explore" to the Actions and set none on Default.

Now I can open and explore but I explorer always opens
folders in new windows despite the fact that I have this
option turned off under "Browser Folders".

And I can't delete Actions from the Actions list. Please
help - I assume this will mean editing the registry.

-Brandon

Brandon,

Delete the entries which you added earlier, from this key:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]

Once removed the additional ones (except "Find"), set the value of (default)
to the word "none" (without ")

Or, type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll in Start/Run dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User