Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Support
  • AMD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2011 1:25:01 PM

I am disappointed that I purchased a Radeon GPU, as their lack of driver support has been disgusting. Rage still isn't supported like it should be, and neither is Skyrim upon its release. This seems to be a pretty common occurance from AMD recently. It forces those of us who purchased at AMD GPU to wait past the release date in order for us to play these games, whereas nVidia users are constantly getting great driver support. I wish I would have purchased from a company that supports their hardware and customers. I've seen this frustration across the web now, so I want to do something to get AMD's attention. I am no longer going to purchase AMD/ATI products, so I've started this petition saying so. Please sign if you are also fed-up with AMDs hardware support -- that we spent our hard-earned money on.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomoreati/

More about : amd sign petition

a c 124 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 1:53:00 PM

Their drivers work pretty well for me with the exception sometimes of CFX support. Still, Skyrim and RAGE both run well on single cards anyway since they're console based.

And really while AMD Bulldozer was a performance flop, AMD is a much... nicer... company to it's consumers than Intel is. AMD has crazy backwards (and forwards) compatibility while Intel wants you to buy a new motherboard every single generation.
a c 89 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 1:59:59 PM

So what is the problem with skyrim? I've been playing it just fine...
November 14, 2011 2:04:16 PM

Kari said:
So what is the problem with skyrim? I've been playing it just fine...

Read across the forums, many people are having trouble with skyrim on ATI cards, plus NO CROSSFIRE SUPPORT. I bought two GPU's from ATI because they marketed that it would increase performance.
a c 89 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 2:11:19 PM

^^so it's seems... been too busy playing myself during weekend. lol ati 5770 here at low ress of 1280x1024
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 2:17:19 PM

I've been running AMD cards for the last 5yrs, no issues with drivers whatsoever, except 11.7 which caused my idle clocks to run too high.

Nivida has had similiar failed driver releases, including one that caused cards to overheat and fail.

Besides AMD cards are the best bang for the buck according to Tom's "Best graphics cards for the money" articles.

So your having a issue with a brand new game that just came out......big deal, get used to it, that's normal.

Any moron, like yourself, that is for the complete anhilation of a company like AMD, has zero knowledge of the computer market.

Without competition, Nvidia and Intel could charge you whatever they want for cpu's, gpu's, and motherboards. The only reason Nvidia gpu's are somewhat cheap, is because AMD gpu's are cheaper.

Good luck with that petition, the only people that are going to sign that are clueless fanboys that have no knowledge of market competition.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 2:19:40 PM

Get real. I've been playing skyrim and it's running just fine on my 6970. The fact that there is no Xfire support has more to say about Bethesda than about AMD.

Seriously, I think you need to get your head out of the past, loong ago when ATi was still on it's own driver support was lacking, but now that AMD took over it is so much better! I find almost no problems myself, and those I do find are eyefinity related, and related to the game engine (because nVidia's surround view users have the exact same problems).

So please, get your head out of that place where the sun doesn't shine.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 2:24:27 PM

tatch? Are you really so naive to think that a gazillion AMD video card and CPU buyers would sign that? Did you take time off from your 'occupy' rally to write this? Get a freakin' GRIP man!!!
November 14, 2011 2:26:14 PM

What a joke, my 5870 is playin Skyrim, on ultra and its running great. Go troll somewhere else.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 2:28:21 PM

[sticks head into thread, sniffs the air]

This stinks like fanboi sweat and troll bait...

Good luck with that petition..BUUWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :pt1cable:  :sarcastic: 
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 2:38:39 PM

Come on chunky. Be polite.

Oh, to h3ll with it. BUUWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :pt1cable:  :sarcastic: 
November 14, 2011 2:40:28 PM

If you have a problem with a company vote with your wallet not with your mouth or some online petition which will do nothing.
November 14, 2011 2:45:51 PM

geekapproved said:
I've been running AMD cards for the last 5yrs, no issues with drivers whatsoever, except 11.7 which caused my idle clocks to run too high.

Nivida has had similiar failed driver releases, including one that caused cards to overheat and fail.

Besides AMD cards are the best bang for the buck according to Tom's "Best graphics cards for the money" articles.

So your having a issue with a brand new game that just came out......big deal, get used to it, that's normal.

Any moron, like yourself, that is for the complete anhilation of a company like AMD, has zero knowledge of the computer market.

Without competition, Nvidia and Intel could charge you whatever they want for cpu's, gpu's, and motherboards. The only reason Nvidia gpu's are somewhat cheap, is because AMD gpu's are cheaper.

Good luck with that petition, the only people that are going to sign that are clueless fanboys that have no knowledge of market competition.

+1 for your comments

+1 for saving me the trouble of typing it myself :D 
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:00:19 PM

No, you cannot bring down AMD. Not with online petition..

This is BS. Get a life.
a c 107 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:10:12 PM

I think AMD just fired the PR people who would have given a crap about that. Anyway, the problem is that AMD doesn't put as much effort into developer relations as nVidia. They started to with their Gaming Evolved initiative, but I guess nobody told the new CEO how important it was. nVidia has these problems too you know (BF3 with DX10 cards). If you want things to be closer to problem free, then your best off with a Console. I mean heck even Console games have patches on or close to launch day -_-
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:14:01 PM

Overclock.net, now here. You do travel around don't you?
a c 107 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 3:16:38 PM

Case in point

hexus.net/gaming/news/xbox-360/32609-xbox-360-skyrim-texture-issues/
a c 670 U Graphics card
a c 178 À AMD
November 14, 2011 4:28:01 PM

It seems the guys over at HardOCP would agree with you about signing your petition. This is from their Skyrim performance review:

Quote:
"We have harped over this before, but this game shows once again that AMD's driver support is biting it in the butt on a new game release. With not even an ETA on a new CAP for Skyrim to support CrossFireX, and no performance driver in sight, it is rather depressing for AMD GPU owners. We keep seeing this with new game launches these past few months. Rage, Deus Ex: Missing Link, even Battlefield 3 had better and working performance and SLI drivers from NVIDIA on game day launch, while AMD support was lacking.

With CrossFireX and SLI being based on profile support AMD cannot afford to lag this far behind on new game launches. NVIDIA simply has more support out of the gate for SLI in new games it seems. Gamers don't like to wait. When a new big title like this is released and unlocked at a certain time on a certain date, gamers are lined up waiting to play it right then and there. It matters that performance and Dual-GPU acceleration is supported when the game launches, and not days after."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls...
November 14, 2011 4:48:12 PM

buy new game from Bethesda, complain that it's bugged before waiting for a patch 6 months down the line.

Essentially my friend, you are in a paid for beta, where you pay more than the people who get the actual game (patched) later down the line.

Also, I imagine getting a single player game early with a long and laborious story line is hardly worth it.
a c 123 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 4:56:47 PM

Most of the time I find that these problems are caused by user errors or insufficient hardware to push the games or bad internet connections/bad server pings.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 4:56:57 PM

AMDs drivers crash for me D: at first i thought it was a card defect but... i ram 3+hrs of furmark, no crash, ran 2 almost 3 passes of memtest, and windows memory checker, still no errors, ran prime 95 for like 1 hr, nothin.

Ran games, boom crashes in 20m - 3 hrs D:

im not against amd, i love 'em, but for now i would rather buy an nvidia card then sign a petition to make a monopoly economy.
a c 124 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 4:59:29 PM

17seconds said:
It seems the guys over at HardOCP would agree with you about signing your petition. This is from their Skyrim performance review:

Quote:
"We have harped over this before, but this game shows once again that AMD's driver support is biting it in the butt on a new game release. With not even an ETA on a new CAP for Skyrim to support CrossFireX, and no performance driver in sight, it is rather depressing for AMD GPU owners. We keep seeing this with new game launches these past few months. Rage, Deus Ex: Missing Link, even Battlefield 3 had better and working performance and SLI drivers from NVIDIA on game day launch, while AMD support was lacking.

With CrossFireX and SLI being based on profile support AMD cannot afford to lag this far behind on new game launches. NVIDIA simply has more support out of the gate for SLI in new games it seems. Gamers don't like to wait. When a new big title like this is released and unlocked at a certain time on a certain date, gamers are lined up waiting to play it right then and there. It matters that performance and Dual-GPU acceleration is supported when the game launches, and not days after."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls...

I agree with HardOCP, but I still think the OP here is a... well... you know.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 5:03:44 PM

tatchley87 said:
I am disappointed that I purchased a Radeon GPU, as their lack of driver support has been disgusting. Rage still isn't supported like it should be, and neither is Skyrim upon its release. This seems to be a pretty common occurance from AMD recently. It forces those of us who purchased at AMD GPU to wait past the release date in order for us to play these games, whereas nVidia users are constantly getting great driver support. I wish I would have purchased from a company that supports their hardware and customers. I've seen this frustration across the web now, so I want to do something to get AMD's attention. I am no longer going to purchase AMD/ATI products, so I've started this petition saying so. Please sign if you are also fed-up with AMDs hardware support -- that we spent our hard-earned money on.

You are clearly not thinking this through very well. If AMD goes away then Intel/Nvidia will be able to charge whatever they want for CPU's and video cards. If you think this is wise we have some other stuff to teach you.
a c 81 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 5:08:25 PM

hai pipol i amd nbda yewsar hear. amd suxzs so i sine pititon. intal hd 3thousan rewlz! woohooo!!!
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 5:08:57 PM

geekapproved said:

+1^
Intel created Amd so that the govt. wouldn't get on there back for having a monopoly. Same thing for (Used to be ati) and nVidia... Their both there to have a stable competition. Which works out fairly well IMO.
Ati/AMD - cheaper cards but mediocre drivers.
nVidia - More expensive less performance but better drivers to compensate.

Your just a fan boy, nothing wrong with that :sarcastic: 
November 14, 2011 5:11:07 PM

I agree, we need to knock AMD down a peg. They're getting cheeky with their graphics support. But I'm not signing a stupid petition. Oh no, I'm doing something that matters much more to them. I'm not buying any more of their graphics cards until they stop shitting on their customers. So it looks like it's Nvidia for the foreseeable future.
a c 94 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 5:15:23 PM

i had nvidia before now using amd just look correctly on the specs of graphic card you want to buy for playing games.do not blame company support for the bad choice you made,do your homework before buying so you wont have to complain about there products.
November 14, 2011 5:24:44 PM

i use 3 nvidia cards up till now i have no problem in drivers i just go to nvidia website a ger latest driver and then install it every new driver NO PROBLEM AT ALL

no i buy new pc i want to buy amd card after seeing benchmarks but after reading the driver problem of ati i am geting a gtx 550ti and nvida gives you physx also

so i will not down grade AMD because i havent see any of my friends using ati bcz in my country amd has very little market share
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 5:27:33 PM

BOOHOO!.....been using ATI/AMD since the 9600 pro days,never had a card fail,drivers have been great!..Go to nvidia,then we wont have to listen to you whine about not knowing anything..dont let the door hit u on the A** on the way out.
November 14, 2011 5:42:13 PM

I've also been using ATI cards since the x800 days, currently have 2 5850's... Everything is fine. Stop whining, nobody is going to sign your petition.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 5:49:26 PM

I think hes mad AMDs drivers dont work to well with less then legit games :) 
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 6:00:04 PM

mouse24 said:
I think hes mad AMDs drivers dont work to well with less then legit games :) 

English: I think he's mad because AMD's drivers don't work on legit systems :) 
November 14, 2011 6:07:38 PM

scout_03 said:
i had nvidia before now using amd just look correctly on the specs of graphic card you want to buy for playing games.do not blame company support for the bad choice you made,do your homework before buying so you wont have to complain about there products.

Don't be an ass. He's not complaining about performance issues, or specific models. He's saying crossfire support is lacking, mainly because AMD misses the boat with every new release and takes a very long time to get drivers updated.

I don't like NVidia colluding with game makers to cripple games on AMD cards while playing specifically to their own strengths (I'm talking about things like needless tesselation on flat objects in Crysis 2). But I don't like AMD not talking to developers AT ALL even worse. Remember RAGE?
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 6:31:16 PM

intel4eva said:
Don't be an ass. He's not complaining about performance issues, or specific models. He's saying crossfire support is lacking, mainly because AMD misses the boat with every new release and takes a very long time to get drivers updated.

I don't like NVidia colluding with game makers to cripple games on AMD cards while playing specifically to their own strengths (I'm talking about things like needless tesselation on flat objects in Crysis 2). But I don't like AMD not talking to developers AT ALL even worse. Remember RAGE?

So you're basically saying that because of one measly game not performing well makes a whole company terrible?

As it is clear that AMD has trouble with their drivers. Like any company, they have there faults.

Lets look at nVidia... Can we all agree that most of their cards overheat? Especially like the dreaded 480 - which basically cooks an egg. (This is even with aftermarket cooling). Or how about there failed marketing of Physx, which in all actuality doesn't do anything except for ruin game performance? Oh no wait.... There's batman right? Lol
Also there's their large power consumption, even though you don't see maybe a few fps difference in games. (This also includes lower fps)...

Me, i like both company's. I think like any company in competition they have their ups and downs.
But hey; your talking to one biased person out of 6 billion... :ange: 
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 6:37:13 PM

dont blame Amd. Blame the ones who created the crap console port
November 14, 2011 7:34:36 PM

I used to be all about the Nvidia but jumped ship 3 years ago because of their crappy drivers, the general price to performance gap between their offerings and ATI/AMDs, and their inability to offer multi-display in SLI mode. The pendulum may have swung back on the first two motivating factors by now, but my experience w/ AMD continues to be less painful than running Nvidia was for me in the past.

So far I've only had 1 period of 4-5 weeks of driver pain from ATI/AMD since going w/ Crossfired 4850s in my current box ~3 years ago but I'm not usually super-angsty if I don't have Crossfire support on launch day of a title, I was used to that from the days of running SLI'd 7800 GTXs and 8800GTs.

My personal experience in Skyrim w/ a single 6870 in my otherwise 3 year old rig has been surprisingly good. I've had pretty solid, usable frame rates at nearly default Ultra settings at 1680x1050. Some of the snow textures look like crap up close, I've have the occasional object go semi-transparrent from the wrong angle, and I've had a couple of app hangs, but I attribute these more to it being release week of a Bethesda game than anything having to do w/ AMD.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 7:42:46 PM

tatchley87 said:

Everything was a flop for Rage - there is no saying "this was LESS of a failure" and They work for Skyrim? I use a 6950 it's flawless. They said Crossfire drivers aren't out yet NEITHER were SLI? what's your issue?
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 8:31:24 PM

WoW.

you can tell this game is the first the OP has eva waited for at release. either very new to gaming or very new to PC gaming atleast.

if i had $1 for every time some hardware config / driver caused a problem with a game on release day id be rich. but as long as they promptly fix the issue im ok with it.

it is a massive task to produce a game that has 0 problems with every hardware & software config around.

AMD says they are releasing a new driver this week(11.11) to fix the issues with skyrim and rage.

if u want stick the disk in and play 100% of the time GET A CONSOLE!!!
November 14, 2011 8:36:42 PM

WOOT HE GOT ANOTHER SIGNATURE!!! Mr. Ima Dumas signed it... Taylor... breathe man... breathe... and like I said you don't like ATI buy Nvidia... I've had ATI for the last two purchases I got... but I'm thinking the time after next it will be nvidia (next purchase is gonna be my foray into cfx)
November 14, 2011 8:56:38 PM

skyrim crashed once on me after i killed 2 dragons. during the 2nd soul absorption. good thing i saved before the fight lol.
November 14, 2011 9:19:15 PM

I don't know...
For me, because of one game decide one company is better then that company.
Pointless to me.
Next game comes out 2 hours later are we going to change gpu because of that game?
However both company are blooding wallet damn company.
ATI or nVidia or what ever brand they are...
If you spend more then $250. It's very good GPU in system.
Not because of driver for GPU... the game company patch are also important.
Game only aim for nVidia? That company is fail. lol.
Does are like only spoon on the table with steak for the menu. lol
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 9:50:50 PM

I had some really nasty tearing in Civ V, not FPS intensive but eye candy important, on my Nvidia GTX460 SE with new drivers!
So I decided that a 31% OC was too much.......

Never had an AMD GPU, never will...
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 9:53:57 PM

mouse24 said:
AMDs drivers crash for me D: at first i thought it was a card defect but... i ram 3+hrs of furmark, no crash, ran 2 almost 3 passes of memtest, and windows memory checker, still no errors, ran prime 95 for like 1 hr, nothin.

Ran games, boom crashes in 20m - 3 hrs D:

im not against amd, i love 'em, but for now i would rather buy an nvidia card then sign a petition to make a monopoly economy.

Unfortunately, my Nvidia system also crashes, probably on an average of once per 1-2 hours in Skyrim.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 10:23:26 PM

I had two 7800GT's overheat (never overclocked). One is completely fried, the other hobbled along until I replaced it with a 6870. Sorry, not going to sign a petition.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 10:29:01 PM

bystander said:
Unfortunately, my Nvidia system also crashes, probably on an average of once per 1-2 hours in Skyrim.

thats just the thing, i havent even bought skyrim yet, and all games crash... except orcs must die and minecraft D: ive tried almost every driver version... im chalking this up to a card defect that is really good at hiding :D 
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 14, 2011 10:36:29 PM

mouse24 said:
thats just the thing, i havent even bought skyrim yet, and all games crash... except orcs must die and minecraft D: ive tried almost every driver version... im chalking this up to a card defect that is really good at hiding :D 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have a reference 5000 series AMD?
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 10:40:00 PM

My 6950 plays Skyrim, Rage and BF3 just fine. No problems with it at all and it runs cool.
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 10:42:49 PM

bystander said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have a reference 5000 series AMD?

Yes, yes I do, I have a 5670 512mb from Sapphire :) 
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!