No more AMD - sign this petition

tatchley87

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I am disappointed that I purchased a Radeon GPU, as their lack of driver support has been disgusting. Rage still isn't supported like it should be, and neither is Skyrim upon its release. This seems to be a pretty common occurance from AMD recently. It forces those of us who purchased at AMD GPU to wait past the release date in order for us to play these games, whereas nVidia users are constantly getting great driver support. I wish I would have purchased from a company that supports their hardware and customers. I've seen this frustration across the web now, so I want to do something to get AMD's attention. I am no longer going to purchase AMD/ATI products, so I've started this petition saying so. Please sign if you are also fed-up with AMDs hardware support -- that we spent our hard-earned money on.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomoreati/

Their drivers work pretty well for me with the exception sometimes of CFX support. Still, Skyrim and RAGE both run well on single cards anyway since they're console based.

And really while AMD Bulldozer was a performance flop, AMD is a much... nicer... company to it's consumers than Intel is. AMD has crazy backwards (and forwards) compatibility while Intel wants you to buy a new motherboard every single generation.

tatchley87

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

Read across the forums, many people are having trouble with skyrim on ATI cards, plus NO CROSSFIRE SUPPORT. I bought two GPU's from ATI because they marketed that it would increase performance.

I've been running AMD cards for the last 5yrs, no issues with drivers whatsoever, except 11.7 which caused my idle clocks to run too high.

Nivida has had similiar failed driver releases, including one that caused cards to overheat and fail.

Besides AMD cards are the best bang for the buck according to Tom's "Best graphics cards for the money" articles.

So your having a issue with a brand new game that just came out......big deal, get used to it, that's normal.

Any moron, like yourself, that is for the complete anhilation of a company like AMD, has zero knowledge of the computer market.

Without competition, Nvidia and Intel could charge you whatever they want for cpu's, gpu's, and motherboards. The only reason Nvidia gpu's are somewhat cheap, is because AMD gpu's are cheaper.

Good luck with that petition, the only people that are going to sign that are clueless fanboys that have no knowledge of market competition.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Get real. I've been playing skyrim and it's running just fine on my 6970. The fact that there is no Xfire support has more to say about Bethesda than about AMD.

Seriously, I think you need to get your head out of the past, loong ago when ATi was still on it's own driver support was lacking, but now that AMD took over it is so much better! I find almost no problems myself, and those I do find are eyefinity related, and related to the game engine (because nVidia's surround view users have the exact same problems).

So please, get your head out of that place where the sun doesn't shine.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
tatch? Are you really so naive to think that a gazillion AMD video card and CPU buyers would sign that? Did you take time off from your 'occupy' rally to write this? Get a freakin' GRIP man!!!

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

+1 for your comments

+1 for saving me the trouble of typing it myself :D

I think AMD just fired the PR people who would have given a crap about that. Anyway, the problem is that AMD doesn't put as much effort into developer relations as nVidia. They started to with their Gaming Evolved initiative, but I guess nobody told the new CEO how important it was. nVidia has these problems too you know (BF3 with DX10 cards). If you want things to be closer to problem free, then your best off with a Console. I mean heck even Console games have patches on or close to launch day -_-

It seems the guys over at HardOCP would agree with you about signing your petition. This is from their Skyrim performance review:

Quote:
"We have harped over this before, but this game shows once again that AMD's driver support is biting it in the butt on a new game release. With not even an ETA on a new CAP for Skyrim to support CrossFireX, and no performance driver in sight, it is rather depressing for AMD GPU owners. We keep seeing this with new game launches these past few months. Rage, Deus Ex: Missing Link, even Battlefield 3 had better and working performance and SLI drivers from NVIDIA on game day launch, while AMD support was lacking.

With CrossFireX and SLI being based on profile support AMD cannot afford to lag this far behind on new game launches. NVIDIA simply has more support out of the gate for SLI in new games it seems. Gamers don't like to wait. When a new big title like this is released and unlocked at a certain time on a certain date, gamers are lined up waiting to play it right then and there. It matters that performance and Dual-GPU acceleration is supported when the game launches, and not days after."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_performance_iq_preview/3

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
buy new game from Bethesda, complain that it's bugged before waiting for a patch 6 months down the line.

Essentially my friend, you are in a paid for beta, where you pay more than the people who get the actual game (patched) later down the line.

Also, I imagine getting a single player game early with a long and laborious story line is hardly worth it.

AMDs drivers crash for me D: at first i thought it was a card defect but... i ram 3+hrs of furmark, no crash, ran 2 almost 3 passes of memtest, and windows memory checker, still no errors, ran prime 95 for like 1 hr, nothin.

Ran games, boom crashes in 20m - 3 hrs D:

im not against amd, i love 'em, but for now i would rather buy an nvidia card then sign a petition to make a monopoly economy.

I agree with HardOCP, but I still think the OP here is a... well... you know.

You are clearly not thinking this through very well. If AMD goes away then Intel/Nvidia will be able to charge whatever they want for CPU's and video cards. If you think this is wise we have some other stuff to teach you.