2.1 Subwoofer not working

Shavako

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hey guys, I just built a PC for the second time today and to my surprise everything went perfect! Except for my Logitech 2.1 speakers (I'll link the exact model at the bottom) I have them plugged into my on board audio which is Realtek ALC889. I already checked to make sure I had them plugged in right (output into output, sub to sub) I am getting good sound out of the small speakers (even pretty decent bass) but absolutely no bass out of the subwoofer. The Realtek audio driver was updated with my bios so I don't think it's a driver issue. I'm not sure what the problem is though so I'm hoping someone here might know what it is. Any help is appreciated.

Here's the exact speakers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121014

Also, I know they're low watt speakers. I'm not expecting this to compare to my 1500W Kenwoods but there's literally nothing going with this subwoofer.

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I will now ask the mandatory question, "Is the subwoofer plugged into AC power?"

Your description of the way you have them plugged in right is puzzling. There are two plugs---one goes into whatever output jack on your mobo is for stereo output, and the other is the mic. "Sub to sub" doesn't make sense.

You will want to have your computer putting out stereo.