Sign in with
Your question

PC won't startup

Last response: in Systems
January 12, 2012 8:23:06 AM

I have a 2-3 year old computer I built myself I got a new graphics card last year and a new psu for it too. I went to turn my PC on this morning to find it wouldn't boot up from being in sleep mode, I always put it in sleep mode instead of powering it off. I hit a key and the keyboard lit up the fans started spinning the dvd drive spun then nothing. The fans were still working but no hdd noises no screen text no beeping. I opened the dvd drive only for it to close straight after. I removed the graphics card but it still isn't working any idea what the problem is? I have a feeling its either the cpu or mb which I can't afford to replace :( 

More about : startup

a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2012 10:07:51 AM

With the system unplugged, try removing the board battery with a small flathead screwdriver for one minute, then press it back in. This will reset the bios. I gave up on using sleep mode with my wireless keyboard and ssd. I just use the power switch now.
January 12, 2012 2:02:50 PM

o1die said:
With the system unplugged, try removing the board battery with a small flathead screwdriver for one minute, then press it back in. This will reset the bios. I gave up on using sleep mode with my wireless keyboard and ssd. I just use the power switch now.

Thank you so much I did what you said although kept the battery out while I cleaned some dust out and then put the battery back and it's working :) 

The annoying thing about this is I was told by a friend in Canada that I fixed her computer which had the same problem a few months ago via skype, I told her to replace the battery and it fixed the problem but when I have the same problem I forget about the battery hehe. Thank you so much for your help :) 
January 12, 2012 2:25:34 PM

Update drivers ,scan for virus ,defrag hdd ,check all cables are not lose
!