G15 Flickering and Sleep Problem

rustyaflac

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'm not sure where else it could go.

Lately I've been having some really odd things happening with my Logitech G15 keyboard and G5 mouse.

The first problem is that when I shutdown the computer the keyboard lights continue to flicker until I either unplug the keyboard or turn off the power to the computer itself. Neither option is really that convenient. I'm not sure what's causing this at all.

The second problem I'm having is that when I attempt to wake the computer from sleep. If I click the mouse, the computer wakes up but power is lost to the mouse and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. If I use the keyboard, same thing, the computer wakes but I lose power to the keyboard. It's extremely annoying and I don't even know where to begin to look to fix this. I checked the USB settings and made sure that power is supplied to the devices even when the computer goes to sleep.

I've checked around and I can't really find any instances of this happening. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than glad to help. I'm running the following:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/gen 3
Intel 2600k @ 4.7
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4gb
Corsair 750 pro series
Evga 570 SC

Thanks.

rustyaflac

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
So I played around with it a bit and changed a few things...not sure which one did the trick but either way the problem seemed to be changed.

In the version of the bios I had there wasn't the option to change the power settings to the USB. I updated to the latest bios and the option was there but it didn't seem to fix the issue.

I did move the devices from the USB 3.0 ports to the USB 2.0 ports and that seemed to work. Not sure why they would be that different but I'm not complaining since the problem is fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion.