Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel’s Quick Sync Video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2011 4:13:36 PM

Hi, I have an Intel I7 2600K and two ATI HD 5850 in Crossfire. I would like to use Intel’s New Quick Sync Video to convert divx video to my IPod Touch. I have my monitor currently plugged into one of my ATI cards. Do I need to connect my monitor to the Intel's GPU to take advantage of the Quick Sync Video when using conversion software? Thank you.

David
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 4:42:59 PM

What motherboard do you have ?
On Z68 boards,you don't need to connect VGA cable to the IGP card.Go to the BIOS and enable there's an option to enable the Lucid Virtu.
After that,download it's software from Lucid website and you can use your IGP card when needed
Score
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 4:47:55 PM

I think im right in saying that if you don't have a board that can do what Maziar is describing then you cant do it. My understanding, which may be wrong, is that without the Virtu option you loose the Quick sinc once you install a GPU.

Mactronix :) 
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 4:54:56 PM

There are two options. (you have to have a Z or H chipset to use quick sync. If you have a P67 board you are out of luck)

1) Lucid Virtu Switchable Graphics - convenient and you never have to move a cable back and forth. I saw a review and I think you might lose 1FPS during gaming.

2) switch the cable over to the motherboard so the computer uses the built in graphics. (I'm not 100% sure, but you might be able to run both at the same time if you have two monitors, but I don't think that is possible)
November 14, 2011 5:32:37 PM

I have the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard. It comes with the Lucid Virtu software but there is no option in the BIOS. Could I still hook up my monitor to a ATI card and still take advantage the IGP Quick Sync? Thanks.

David

EDIT: The motherboard manual says connected the monitor to the IGP when using Virtu.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 6:22:30 PM

Are you sure there isn't an option in the BIOS ? On my board(ASUS P8Z8-V) it's located in the "onboard settings"
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2011 6:43:46 PM

It might depend on the motherboard. I'm waiting for mine to return from RMA, but I'm fairly sure that there is no BIOS setting and I didn't see one in the manual online either.
Score
November 14, 2011 10:28:26 PM

Thanks for all the info. I was able to plug in my monitor to one of my ATI cards and still use Intel Video Sync when converting video formats.
Score
November 22, 2011 12:50:36 AM

Best answer selected by davidst95.
Score
!