free up unused space,

I would like to know a couple of ways to get the most out
of my hard drive and processor. also takeing all of the
things off that I dont need like bundleed softwear that
was pre installed on it when I bought it, but is never
used just wasting space.

E-mail epiles2000@yahoo.com

Thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about free unused space

    Start - Run - Type cleanmgr.exe - Enter. Check all boxes execpt "Compress
    old files" - Ok.

    For the software that you never use go to Start - Control Pane - Add or
    Remove Programs.

    John.l

    Chuck;
    Reboot.
    Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    Find what you want uninstalled.
    Double click it, follow prompts.
    Repeat for other undesired programs.

    These links can also help:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    "Chuck Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to know a couple of ways to get the most out
    > of my hard drive and processor. also takeing all of the
    > things off that I dont need like bundleed softwear that
    > was pre installed on it when I bought it, but is never
    > used just wasting space.
    >

    > E-mail epiles2000@yahoo.com
    >

    > Thanks,

    Chuck--

    In addition to these suggestions, you can save considerable space by
    addressing a couple space hogs. One is System Restore--go to System
    Properties (Windows+Pause Break key) and reduce considerably the 12% Windows
    defaults for this. No one needs that many restore points, and there are
    several criteria that make new ones by default. Also check the Recycle Bin
    which is another space hog, and clean temporary files.

    You can also go to whatever drives you have and view them by size of files
    and see if you need the largest programs or files.

    DX Hog Hunt is also a free program that will give you a quick graphic
    representation of space occupying entities that you might want to eliminate.

    http://www.dvxp.com/en/Downloads.aspx

    Chad Harris

    "Chuck Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I would like to know a couple of ways to get the most out
    of my hard drive and processor. also takeing all of the
    things off that I dont need like bundleed softwear that
    was pre installed on it when I bought it, but is never
    used just wasting space.

    E-mail epiles2000@yahoo.com

    Thanks,

Configuration Customization Windows XP