free up unused space,

September 8, 2004 9:15:39 PM

I would like to know a couple of ways to get the most out
of my hard drive and processor. also takeing all of the
things off that I dont need like bundleed softwear that
was pre installed on it when I bought it, but is never
used just wasting space.

E-mail epiles2000@yahoo.com

Thanks,

More about : free unused space

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:19:02 PM

Start - Run - Type cleanmgr.exe - Enter. Check all boxes execpt "Compress
old files" - Ok.

For the software that you never use go to Start - Control Pane - Add or
Remove Programs.

John.l
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 12:36:19 AM

Chuck;
Reboot.
Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Find what you want uninstalled.
Double click it, follow prompts.
Repeat for other undesired programs.

These links can also help:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Chuck Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know a couple of ways to get the most out
> of my hard drive and processor. also takeing all of the
> things off that I dont need like bundleed softwear that
> was pre installed on it when I bought it, but is never
> used just wasting space.
>

> E-mail epiles2000@yahoo.com
>

> Thanks,
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 6:47:23 AM

Chuck--

In addition to these suggestions, you can save considerable space by
addressing a couple space hogs. One is System Restore--go to System
Properties (Windows+Pause Break key) and reduce considerably the 12% Windows
defaults for this. No one needs that many restore points, and there are
several criteria that make new ones by default. Also check the Recycle Bin
which is another space hog, and clean temporary files.

You can also go to whatever drives you have and view them by size of files
and see if you need the largest programs or files.

DX Hog Hunt is also a free program that will give you a quick graphic
representation of space occupying entities that you might want to eliminate.

http://www.dvxp.com/en/Downloads.aspx

Chad Harris

!