housing for any of the following digital compact cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Hello,

I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:

I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.

I have choosen the following ones but it seams none have underwater
housig available, do you know otherwise if the uw housing is available
for any of the following cameras:

sony cybershot DSC-T7
T3
T33
T11
DSC-P200
DSC-S40
DSC-L1
DSC-U30

canon powershot sd400
sd500
s500

casio EX-S3
EX-Z4
EX-Z55
EX-Z57
EX-s100

Olympus MJU
STYLUS VERVE MJU mini-s
FE-5500

If you recommend me any other small light digital cameras that have uw
housing available please tell me.

What websites are the most furnished with uw housings?

Any website that offer SONY uw housings? that lists all of them ?

What is a good website to check availability of uw housing for the
above cameras or any digital camera whatsoever?

Please feel free to give me the recommendation of a good SMALL and
LIGHT digital compact camera with uw housing available.

Thanks a lot

Mario

marmagi@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>

> Please feel free to give me the recommendation of a good SMALL and
> LIGHT digital compact camera with uw housing available.

Canon S500; seems to me it is 170 USD or so.

--
Frank ess

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

I use a Canon A85 with the Canon WP-DC30 housing. Full access to all
controls. Works well. Same housing works with A75.
A85 is perhaps a bit bigger than some of the compacts, it uses 4 AA
batteries. The plus side of this is long battery life, less opening of the
housing between dives. Less chance of a whoops, my camera is flooded. I used
a 1 gig card with it. Backup to CD every day.

<marmagi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
> if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>
> I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>
> I have choosen the following ones but it seams none have underwater
> housig available, do you know otherwise if the uw housing is available
> for any of the following cameras:
>
> sony cybershot DSC-T7
> T3
> T33
> T11
> DSC-P200
> DSC-S40
> DSC-L1
> DSC-U30
>
> canon powershot sd400
> sd500
> s500
>
> casio EX-S3
> EX-Z4
> EX-Z55
> EX-Z57
> EX-s100
>

> Olympus MJU
> STYLUS VERVE MJU mini-s
> FE-5500
>
> If you recommend me any other small light digital cameras that have uw
> housing available please tell me.
>
> What websites are the most furnished with uw housings?
>
> Any website that offer SONY uw housings? that lists all of them ?
>
> What is a good website to check availability of uw housing for the
> above cameras or any digital camera whatsoever?
>
> Please feel free to give me the recommendation of a good SMALL and
> LIGHT digital compact camera with uw housing available.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Mario

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Rudy,

Would you be willing to share some of your underwater images for us to see?

--
John Tucker
Integrity Web Design

Rudy Benner wrote:
> I use a Canon A85 with the Canon WP-DC30 housing. Full access to all
> controls. Works well. Same housing works with A75.
> A85 is perhaps a bit bigger than some of the compacts, it uses 4 AA
> batteries. The plus side of this is long battery life, less opening
> of the housing between dives. Less chance of a whoops, my camera is
> flooded. I used a 1 gig card with it. Backup to CD every day.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

marmagi@gmail.com pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:

:Hello,
:
:I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
:if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
:
:I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.

Did you try a camera store?

If you can't find a housing for the cameras on your list, and a
housing is important, add more cameras to your list, ones that have
housings.

I have a Sony DSC-P73 which might not be as small as the cameras on
your list, but it ain't exactly huge either.

It all depends on what is really important to you.

Dan Bracuk
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Perhaps. Email me direct with a real email address.

marmagi@gmail.com writes:

> I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
> if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>
> I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.

Why don't you get a Sony DSC-U60 on ebay. It's already waterproof,
very cute camera, too bad it's discontinued.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

In message <1115825354.133494.262580@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
marmagi@gmail.com writes
>Hello,
>
>I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
>if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>
>I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>
>I have choosen the following ones but it seams none have underwater
>housig available, do you know otherwise if the uw housing is available
>for any of the following cameras:
>
>sony cybershot DSC-T7
> T3
> T33
> T11
> DSC-P200
> DSC-S40
> DSC-L1
> DSC-U30
>
>canon powershot sd400
> sd500
> s500

I am in England and have a Canon Ixus 400, and a Canon WP DC800 housing.
The housing fits an Ixus 500 aswell. Not sure how this translates to the
US, or wherever you are?

--
Richard Faulkner

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:50:23 -0400, Dan Bracuk wrote:
> marmagi@gmail.com pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:
>
>:Hello,
>:
>:I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
>:if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>:
>:I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>
> Did you try a camera store?

Did you try:

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/1digital.html

which would've been easy to find with Google...

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

"Perhaps?" It doesn't really sound like you want to share. No problem. I
just enjoy seeing what other people are accomplishing.

My address is real - just remove the REMOVEs.

--

Rudy Benner wrote:
> Perhaps. Email me direct with a real email address.
>
> "John Tucker" <johnREMOVE@REMOVEintegrity-web-design.com> wrote in
> message news:nZqge.788$ce6.160@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>> Rudy,
>>
>> Would you be willing to share some of your underwater images for us
>> to see?
>>
>> --
>> John Tucker
>> Integrity Web Design
>> www.integrity-web-design.com
>>

>> Rudy Benner wrote:
>>> I use a Canon A85 with the Canon WP-DC30 housing. Full access to all
>>> controls. Works well. Same housing works with A75.
>>> A85 is perhaps a bit bigger than some of the compacts, it uses 4 AA
>>> batteries. The plus side of this is long battery life, less opening
>>> of the housing between dives. Less chance of a whoops, my camera is
>>> flooded. I used a 1 gig card with it. Backup to CD every day.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

My email address doesn't require any removals.

> "Perhaps?" It doesn't really sound like you want to share. No problem. I
> just enjoy seeing what other people are accomplishing.
>
> My address is real - just remove the REMOVEs.
>
> --
> John Tucker
> Integrity Web Design
> www.integrity-web-design.com
>

> Rudy Benner wrote:
>> Perhaps. Email me direct with a real email address.
>>
>> "John Tucker" <johnREMOVE@REMOVEintegrity-web-design.com> wrote in
>> message news:nZqge.788$ce6.160@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>>> Rudy,
>>>
>>> Would you be willing to share some of your underwater images for us
>>> to see?
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Tucker
>>> Integrity Web Design
>>> www.integrity-web-design.com

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

There is a good reason mine does. It helps prevent the email harvesters and
spidering programs from grabbing up my address and dumping it into a
database for selling or spamming. It isn't perfect protection, but it helps
and is quite common.

--

Rudy Benner wrote:
> My email address doesn't require any removals.
>
> "John Tucker" <johnREMOVE@REMOVEintegrity-web-design.com> wrote in
> message news:i2xge.821$sb5.241@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
>> "Perhaps?" It doesn't really sound like you want to share. No
>> problem. I just enjoy seeing what other people are accomplishing.
>>
>> My address is real - just remove the REMOVEs.
>>
>> --
>> John Tucker
>> Integrity Web Design
>> www.integrity-web-design.com
>>

>> Rudy Benner wrote:
>>> Perhaps. Email me direct with a real email address.
>>>
>>> "John Tucker" <johnREMOVE@REMOVEintegrity-web-design.com> wrote in
>>> message news:nZqge.788$ce6.160@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Since its my own domain, I can generate email addresses at will. Anything
coming to this address is automatically assumed to be spam, I act
accordingly. So far, it has not proven to be a problem at all.

Take a look at www.ikelite.com, www.bhphoto.com,
http://www.photo.net/learn/underwater/primer and of course
www.leisurepro.com Also take a look at the Olympus C-5060

Paul Rubin wrote:
> marmagi@gmail.com writes:
>
>>I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
>>if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>>
>>I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>

> Why don't you get a Sony DSC-U60 on ebay. It's already waterproof,
> very cute camera, too bad it's discontinued.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Paul,
Also the max depth is 5 feet.

Paul Rubin wrote:

> marmagi@gmail.com writes:
>
>>I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
>>if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>>
>>I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>

> Why don't you get a Sony DSC-U60 on ebay. It's already waterproof,
> very cute camera, too bad it's discontinued.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

<marmagi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
> if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
>
> I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.
>
> I have choosen the following ones but it seams none have underwater
> housig available, do you know otherwise if the uw housing is available
> for any of the following cameras:
>
> sony cybershot DSC-T7
> T3
> T33
> T11
> DSC-P200
> DSC-S40
> DSC-L1
> DSC-U30
>
> canon powershot sd400
> sd500
> s500
>
> casio EX-S3
> EX-Z4
> EX-Z55
> EX-Z57
> EX-s100
>

> Olympus MJU
> STYLUS VERVE MJU mini-s
> FE-5500
>
> If you recommend me any other small light digital cameras that have uw
> housing available please tell me.
>
> What websites are the most furnished with uw housings?
>
> Any website that offer SONY uw housings? that lists all of them ?
>
> What is a good website to check availability of uw housing for the
> above cameras or any digital camera whatsoever?
>
> Please feel free to give me the recommendation of a good SMALL and
> LIGHT digital compact camera with uw housing available.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Mario

I know there are underwater housings available for some of the Pentax Optio
cameras. And, they are "very" small and light.