Closed

Can I put GTX 570 to a G31 Motherboard? Asus P5KPL-AM SE

I am planning to buy a GTX 570. But I don't know if my current motherboard "Asus P5KPL-AM SE" can handle it.
18 answers Last reply
More about motherboard asus p5kpl
  1. Yes,it should work fine.Make sure you have an adequate PSU though
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/293625-31-tomshardware
  2. I already have 700w PSU. I think it's enough.
  3. A GTX 570 will work fine. A second one in SLI will not though, as your boards second PCIe slot is only 1x.
  4. yes it will handle gtx 570 but what is your cpu?
  5. the motherboard can. can the cpu fully utilize it? well, thats another question you should be asking
  6. My CPU is Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.0ghz
  7. ah looking good. should be ok. have bit of oc headroom too if your mobo can handle it
  8. I can't, my mobo is too weak.. When I tried to oc it @ 3.3ghz it's start to crash. 3.0ghz is the finest. I'm just waiting to Ivi Bridge to come out and I will change my whole system, I'm just can't wait to upgrade that is why I will buy the GPU first.
  9. pell380 said:
    yes it will handle gtx 570 but what is your cpu?

My CPU is Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.0ghz
  10. Q8400 runs at 2.66 GHz. If you are running at 3.0 GHz, you have reached the limits of your motherboard.

The G31 is an economy chipset with a limited FSB freq. 3.0 GHz is already past the usual limits of the chipset. You are lucky.
  11. jsc said:
    Q8400 runs at 2.66 GHz. If you are running at 3.0 GHz, you have reached the limits of your motherboard.

The G31 is an economy chipset with a limited FSB freq. 3.0 GHz is already past the usual limits of the chipset. You are lucky.

Can you give me a reference?
  12. Up up up up up
  13. Up up up
  14. Check Intel's website maybe ?
  15. i think can support,if worry flash the lastest BIOS first. :lol:
    the gigabyte GTX 570 windforce was good choice.
  16. I wouldn't "up" to much. Bumping ain't allowed.
  17. You already got your answer and bumping isn't allowed either.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
    Therefor,this thread is getting locked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Asus Motherboards Graphics