Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

What do you think of this build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 12, 2012 11:20:24 AM

I'm building a gaming/htpc computer. I'm looking to spend under 450 dollars for a CPU, GPU, PSU, MOBO, and a case.

Here's my current build:

Video Card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Processor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Power Supply - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Should I revise anything? I CANNOT go over 450 dollars. I'm gonna play at a resolution of 1920X1080 (1080p).



More about : build

January 12, 2012 11:42:22 AM

awesome build like it.
Score
0
January 12, 2012 11:47:50 AM

xtreme5 said:
awesome build like it.

You do? That's awesome! Is there any way I can improve, but still keep under 450 dollars?
Score
0
Related resources
January 12, 2012 12:22:23 PM

Buy asus crosshair 5 motherboard and trancend axe ram 4gb 2000+mhz 78doller lifetime garenty, athelon processor low cost then overclock it after u have money buy 8 core fx8150 , graphics Radeon 5970
Score
0
January 12, 2012 8:35:25 PM

hitechgowthaman said:
Buy asus crosshair 5 motherboard and trancend axe ram 4gb 2000+mhz 78doller lifetime garenty, athelon processor low cost then overclock it after u have money buy 8 core fx8150 , graphics Radeon 5970

I'm pretty content with my build right now. I have a 450 dollar budget.
Score
0
January 12, 2012 9:05:22 PM

xpeh said:
You do? That's awesome! Is there any way I can improve, but still keep under 450 dollars?


You might be able to get some parts used on forums for a bit cheaper. On AnandTech and HardForum, GTX 460 1GBs go for ~$100-$120, and you could probably snag a CPU/Mobo/RAM combo for a little less. Depending on which brands you buy, you can usually manage to get a warranty too.
Score
0
January 12, 2012 9:31:12 PM

boiler1990 said:
You might be able to get some parts used on forums for a bit cheaper. On AnandTech and HardForum, GTX 460 1GBs go for ~$100-$120, and you could probably snag a CPU/Mobo/RAM combo for a little less. Depending on which brands you buy, you can usually manage to get a warranty too.

How can I buy off of Anandtech or HardForum?
Score
0

Best solution

January 12, 2012 10:50:25 PM

You just create an account and start trading. AnandTech's forum requires you to have an account to even view the FS/FT forum, but HardForum does not. However, until you have 50 posts in other forums @ HardForum, you won't be able to post in the FS/FT forum at all. You can still PM people though (which is what I had to do when I was starting).

Generally you need some sort of references (eBay feedback, heatware feedback, etc.), and you may need to jump through a hoop or two before somebody is willing to finalize a deal with you (some people are happy with just an email to confirm an eBay account, others call you on the phone to talk to you to make sure you're not a scammer).

Since you're buying an item, it'll probably be easier for you even though you may not have a ton of references. If you were selling, very reputable traders would ask you to ship first since a decent number of "new" traders will run off with the money. As long as you represent yourself professionally, you should have any issues.

Most common methods of payment are Paypal and Amazon Payments.

http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
http://forums.anandtech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Share
February 6, 2012 8:43:31 PM

Best answer selected by XPEH.
Score
0
February 6, 2012 9:28:22 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!