Help with motherboard

justcallmedeece

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
So I'm a little confused I was told that by upgrading my motherboard I would need to reinstall windows because it was oem windows, but when I got a new hard drive recently I also had to reinstall windows onto it. So can't I just load windows off my hard drive? I don't understand why windows would need to be reinstalled onto both.

Solution
When you install Windows it builds a driver base for the board that you are using. If you change the board it can led some conflicts based on the drivers not working any more. Now since the HDD is where Windows is stored if you change your HDD you have to reinstall. Now based on the board you were using and the board that you are changing to you might get by if they are closely related (as in the same chipset).
When you install Windows it builds a driver base for the board that you are using. If you change the board it can led some conflicts based on the drivers not working any more. Now since the HDD is where Windows is stored if you change your HDD you have to reinstall. Now based on the board you were using and the board that you are changing to you might get by if they are closely related (as in the same chipset).

Solution