Know where I can buy a ready-made parallel port tester?

ryanwhitfield1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Hello,

I do a lot of work with parallel port communication between computers or from a computer to "dumb" devices accepting triggers. I'm looking for a device/tester that I can plug into the parallel port which will light an LED or indicator of some sort when a specific pin or multiple pins are set to high. From looking around on the internets I'm seeing a lot of BIOS stuff as far as parallel port testers but nothing like a simple LED circuit. Some help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

ryanwhitfield1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Sorry for the confusion, I meant set high as in +5v. Not looking for a baud tester, as that's all I am seeing when looking for "parallel port tester". Need something that will light an LED connected to a pin when that pin is triggered.

So if someone wrote a command that triggered the "2" pin on the parallel port, I'm looking for a device that will light an LED which corresponds to "2" (or something like that) on the board.

ryanwhitfield1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Any chance you know where to find something like the one at the link - except a bit "prettier". I'm looking to deploy a few of these around my office and something a little more put-together would be nice.

fanou101

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hey Ryan, did you make any progress in finding your ready-made parallel-port LED tester? I'm looking for the exact same thing and don't want to build one myself.

Cheers,

Stef