Need advice on making final pc build descicion

lostcard

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I am making a new pc build since my old PC is blue screening and friends almost call a museum :kaola:

i have been looking around the web tha last few weeks, and have decided to go with a asus mobo and GPU build. some of my friends are giving me some advice but int the end they are confusing me more. so i am hoping you guys here will help me sort out my questions. :sol:

i am building on a budget around 1200 USD. (live in denmark and will buy "local") will upgrade cpu cooler case and screen later. and this build will last 3-5 yrs (with the help from som OC for first time)

im new at over clocking and 80% chance will not sli and cross fire,
i use 1 screen atm will add another later for msn monitoring and stuff like that later

I mostly game BF3 wow crysis 2 and SC2 and watch movies on web and chat online

CPU

im thinking Intel I5 2500k good strong cpu good OC
my friends Intel I7 2600k alittle faster and hyper treading (will come to play later they think)

Mobo

ASUS

MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/Gen3 good mobo seen great reviews love the color and its auto OC (low in price)

ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 realy good reviews and features and strongest of the bunch highest price

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mid price and also good reviews

RAM
A friend gave me 2 x 4GB crossair vengance while telling me to get an upgrade NOW!! :D
will upgrade to a total 16BG later for the hell of it and ram are dirt cheap

GPU

i think
ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 (had nvidia 8800 gtx 756m last time held up for 4½ yrs before R.I.P)

friends think
ASUS EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5
and they have the same price
but you know the AMD and nvidia war going on :sol:
some say wait for new nvidia and amd cards
PSU

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650 watt
or
Corsair GS700 Gaming 700Watt

same price atm

windows 7 home premium should suffice for me atm i think

ps a third party is telling me to wait for intel ivy bridge and new AMD and Nvidia cards for better lasting pc

i hope you can help me with my lille pc build here and stop my friends confusing me

ps sorry for my bad grammar and spelling

lostcard

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Atm im having big issues with my pc alot og freezing and some bluescreens so i dont think i can wait alot of time and my patience in games i realy running low because of that

the ram are 1.5 v

here for specs (friend gave em to me for free )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

the reason for the corsair psu ther are abit cheaper and should cover my psu needs

i am max gonna run 2 screens the second (my current old screen) will be used for hardware monitor teamspeak msn and that kind of thing

G

I though that to support sli you need a nforce chipset?