Memory problems

arlotheace

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Recently, I built my first computer. I built it with parts that a friend gave me and some new parts. One of the things that was given to me was two sticks of 2 GB RAM. The problems that I am having with the computer is that sometimes, in google chrome, the aw, snap screen will appear, this happens a few times daily, it can get frustrating, and at times harmful. Also, whenever I attempt to download Autodesk inventor either the download crashes or my computer goes into BSOD, usually with the error PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or occasionally MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I did what it recommended and ran the memory diagnostic tool in the bios, and it said that it detected problems and I should contact my manufacturer. This becomes a problem since I built the computer. I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to fix this besides buying new RAM. Thanks for the help.

Roberto77

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Check your RAM timings. should be printed on the RAM modules, something like 5.5.5.15 or 9.9.9.21, also see if there is a voltage listed for your RAM and adjust the BIOS setting for VRAM or RAM voltage to suit, if not get into the BIOS and just slacken the RAM timings a bit (make them bigger) if that doesn't work, then you might need to try new RAM.