Closed Solved

Should I go SLI 570s or wait for 600s

Alright so I got some spending money that will allow me to get another 570, and I wanted to know what you guys thought, should I go sli 570s or should I wait for the 600 series to come out

My current build is:

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

I'm guessing the new 600s will be a little better than sli 570s but will it be such a noticeable difference that I need to wait or will sli 570s dominate for a while before I need to think about upgrading

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should 570s wait 600s
  1. No one knows how 600 series will perform since they aren't out yet.And if you wait,you can't every buy anything because there is always something new around the corner.
    A GTX 570 can handle all games fine on 1080p,but if you play higher than that res,then add another 570
  2. SLi is never an investment in the future, it is an investment in the now.

    But, you're playing a brand-new game on the highest settings possible - and if you want 60FPS, you'll have to pay for it.

    Just remember that 2 current gen cards will not have the features and architecture that a single next-generation card may have. That is a fact that will never change:

    Quality > Performance
  3. Maziar said:
    No one knows how 600 series will perform since they aren't out yet.And if you wait,you can't every buy anything because there is always something new around the corner.
    A GTX 570 can handle all games fine on 1080p,but if you play higher than that res,then add another 570


    Right now I run BF3 on ultra around 40-50fps normally drops to about 35fps with a lot going on. I wanted to make that a consistent 60fps with the sli 570s and kinda more or less future proof it for at least a little while. I got about 400+ dollars from laughlin this weekend so its my play around money. Will the sli 570s be a good investment for the future games too
  4. ch3rok33jo3 said:
    SLi is never an investment in the future, it is an investment in the now.

    But, you're playing a brand-new game on the highest settings possible - and if you want 60FPS, you'll have to pay for it.

    Just remember that 2 current gen cards will not have the features and architecture that a single next-generation card may have. That is a fact that will never change:

    Quality > Performance


    Makes sense, you think that the price range for the 600s will be what the 500s are now, meaning that the 670 (provided they stay with the same numbering) would be around 350 like the 570 currently is
  5. Best answer
    Puresilence said:
    Right now I run BF3 on ultra around 40-50fps normally drops to about 35fps with a lot going on. I wanted to make that a consistent 60fps with the sli 570s and kinda more or less future proof it for at least a little while. I got about 400+ dollars from laughlin this weekend so its my play around money. Will the sli 570s be a good investment for the future games too

    Well,adding another 570 will definitely help but since you can max out all games on 1080 with one single 570,then it maybe better to see how the 6xx series will perform.(5xx series may become cheaper too)If there was a single game that a 570 can't handle,I would have recommended adding another card right now but that's not the case.
  6. Maziar said:
    Well,adding another 570 will definitely help but since you can max out all games on 1080 with one single 570,then it maybe better to see how the 6xx series will perform.(5xx series may become cheaper too)If there was a single game that a 570 can't handle,I would have recommended adding another card right now but that's not the case.


    Thats where my mindset is now going to, do we know when the 600 series will b released, I have read anywhere from December to Feb. Anyone see anything out there will a more concrete date
  7. I'd stick with 1 - 570 and wait till the 600s before upgrading to 2 cards or to 1 newer card.

    If you were hurting on performance, you could buy a 580 and sell the 570, it'd probably cost you a difference of $120-$200, depending on whether you got the rebate and how much you sold the 570 for.
  8. Best answer selected by Puresilence.
  9. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics