URGENT! Need Help! Won't post!

mikeduf125

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
My computer will not post. Whenever the graphics card is plugged in it turns on for a second then right back off. I bought a new power supply (seasonic 620watt semi modular) and graphics card and it keeps happening. When I remove the graphics card (hd7950) It turns on for about 30 seconds then back off. The weird thing is a week ago when i removed the graphics card I could access the bios but now nothing. I tried removing the ram and I get the beeping, I even tried removing the board from the case and putting it on cardboard but it still won't post. I made sure the little button cell battery was seated on the board as well. My motherboard is the asrock b75m dgs and my cpu is an intel i3 3220. I do not have another computer to test parts on. I have no idea what to do and my next step is going to be buying an asus motherboard and an intel i5 but i'd rather not spend more money if i dont have to.

You're about out of options. Leave the ram in; it won't post without it, just beep. I would be careful handling the parts; touch as little as possible, or use a ground strap especially when touching ram or the cpu. Be sure the cpu fan connector is on the right port; if you take the board out of the case; turn it upside down and see if the heatsink pins are even so you know the cpu heatsink is making good contact. One more option is to be sure the cmos jumper is on the right pins when you power on. I only use the battery removal to reset the bios; it's too easy to get the cmos jumper on the wrong side of pins.

G

you should always at least see the bios unless something is seriously wrong. I would clear the CMOS (see your mobo manual) and before turning the computer on go over everything like you were just building it to see it is all o.k. At first run the minimum of parts you need (like boot drive, a stick of ram, video card and that's about it).

Hopefully then it posts and you can get into the bios and set it back to your individual requirements and then add any extra hardware in piece by piece shutting down in between. This will tell you if a particular item is what is causing the problem.

mikeduf125

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013

well ive done everything you and the previous post said, and the cpu fan turns on for around 30 seconds then off until the fans stop spinning then back on for 30 seconds again and continues. I didn't plug in the video card as the cpu has integrated graphics and a week ago i could access the bios without the video card.

mikeduf125

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013

well ive done everything you and the second post said, and the cpu fan turns on for around 30 seconds then off until the fans stop spinning then back on for 30 seconds again and continues. I didn't plug in the video card as the cpu has integrated graphics and a week ago i could access the bios without the video card. still won't post, thinking its a bad motherboard or cpu.

BungalowBill

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
My PC stalled tonight and I done a reboot, it halted midway through boot up, just showed Bios and the amount of ram and that was it, I rebooted and the same thing happened, so I turned everything off, pulled out the battery, cleared the RTC and it was ok after that.