How's this looking for a reasonable gaming build from EU suppliers?

kimmetje

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend

Budget Range: approx. 1700 euros before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: office processing, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard & mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Top Achat (France), Rue du Commerce (France), Amazon (France, Germany, and UK),

Overclocking: Mild

SLI or Crossfire: Not right away, but perhaps in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Looking for something stylish, future proof, and able to handle games like Starcraft II and Battlefield

I've been researching intensively for a decent mid-range gaming rig to replace an ageing custom build. This is the purchase list I've come up based on the prices available on the continent (France and Germany mainly). :bounce:

I've come up with the following purchase order and was wondering if anyone saw anything that should be changed?

This will become a secondary multi-media station, so both PC use, but also digital TV, and external CD player will share the screen and speakers hence the investment there. :sol:

I'm holding off buying just in case the French sales season comes up with any cool things, but haven't really seen any. :cry:

Here's the total list:

1 Windows 7 Operating System
2 Intel iCore 2500k GPU
3 Asus P8Z68-Pro Gen 3 Motherboard
4 Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 PC3-15000 1866 MHz RAM
5 MSI GeForce N560GTX Ti Hawk 1GB Graphics Card
6 Philips Moda 248C3LHSB 24" Display
7 Corsair GT 120 GB SSD Drive
8 Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB Hybrid Drive
9 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hard Drive
10 Amp: Onkyo TX-SR309
11 Mission MX-S Speakers
12 NZXT Phantom 410 PC Case
13 Thermalright Frio CPU Cooler
14 Corsair AX850 Power Supply Unit
15 DVD-W/Blu-Ray Drive: Samsung SH-B123L (or equivalent)

Total expected spend being 20 euros shy of 1700 euros for the rig + software, and an additional 350 euros for the speakers and av receiver.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
The Corsair GT is one of the slowest SSDs available. Go with a Crucial m4. The Thermalright Frio is a HTPC cooler, go with a CoolerMAster Hyper 212 EVO.

Change your PSU to the Corsair TX750, 850W is overkill.

You don't need a Momentus XT, you're getting an SSD and they are extremely expensive. Save on this and get a 240GB SSD instead.

Get a cheaper HDD, like the Spinpoint.

G.Skill RAM is cheaper and better than Vengeance.