Boot stuck with SSD in ACHI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte H55M-D2H (BIOS F4, which is the latest).
I have one SSD which is a Crucial M4 (64 GB, latest firmware version), and one DVD Multi drive.
The SSD is connected to SATA port 0 (out of a total of 6 SATA connections, which are numbered from 0 to 5) and the DVD drive to Port 4 or 5.

Anyway, I have Windows 7 installed, and it was installed with the BIOS at IDE mode.
Now I switched to ACHI so I can install Mac OS X (hackintosh), but the boot is stuck at listing the ACHI drives, so I can't access the BIOS or the Quick Boot Menu.

The only way to access them again is by unplugging the SSD and resetting the BIOS to IDE mode.
Problem is, I'd rather use ACHI mode, not only for OS X but for Windows 7 as well.

I have this Win 7 install for about 4 days, before that I had it installed with this very SSD while the BIOS was set to ACHI mode, no idea why it stopped working at ACHI mode.

So how can I make my BIOS like the SSD while it's set to ACHI mode?

Solution

Gphish

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

I have a ssd also what you will need to do is reset cmos then in bios select achi then reinstall windows 7. Now windows 7 supports and has the drivers for achi so no need to F6 and install 3rd party drivers unless your sata 6 ports are other than intel meaning if the ports are marvell or anyother brand I suggest loading its driver during install (F6). does this help?

Solution

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
What helped is cleaning (wiping) all windows partitions using diskpart through the Repair option of the win 7 install DVD.
Apparently AHCI mode doesn't like it when there's this 100mb partition that windows creates at the end of the drive. I reinstalled at AHCI more and all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.