tharmgas

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello

I have a quite irritating problem, my computer constantly freezes and the
most irritating thing is that it's a new computer. I cant explain it much better

my spec:
Moderboard: Gigabyte ga-p67a-d3-b3
cpu: intel i5 2500k
hard drive: ocz ssd 120gb
graphic card : sapphire hd6970
PSU: corsair cx600
memory: corsair vengeance 8gb

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is usually because of a heat or power issue. What, if anything are you overclocking? If anything, reset to default speeds to see if that helps. Also, what heatsink fan are you using? If a stock HSF, you should not OC at all with it.

Also, are you monitoring your temps? If so, what are your idle and loaded temps?

tharmgas

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
im not the best on bios, but i think it's running in ide. I think i tried turning it to ahci but then the bios didn't find the cd-driver
fyi i can be wrong if it sounds strange

COLGeek

Cybernaut

The BIOS does not need a driver to operate in AHCI mode. You simply tell the BIOS to operate in that mode. Windows 7 needs a driver for AHCI mode and will load automatically when you install Windows. Doing after the fact requires a work-a-round. Please confirm the SATA mode set in your BIOS.

tharmgas

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

PCH sata control mode is set to ide. if that is what you mean

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
but before you do, follow the instructions here:
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-7-rc-after-installation/
that way you won't have to reinstall windows.
I kind of doubt that this will solve anything. It will make your windows boot a little faster but freezes?
Tell us, does freeze mean BSOD or just out of the blue computer hangs and whatever sound was playing is repeating in a buzz?

tharmgas

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

it isen't BSOD, the computer just freezes and I can't do anything for period of time.

I found somthing intresting, i checked in windows resources monitor and it sad that 4.6gb was reserved for hardware that was a real kick in the groin.
So I'm wondring how i can get that down.

And I also check in the disk tab and when the computer was freezing the disk queue length was 100%! what is that depending on?
can it be related to the memory probelm?

TRENDING THREADS