Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Constant freezing

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Corsair
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
January 12, 2012 7:46:04 PM

Hello

I have a quite irritating problem, my computer constantly freezes and the
most irritating thing is that it's a new computer. I cant explain it much better


my spec:
Moderboard: Gigabyte ga-p67a-d3-b3
cpu: intel i5 2500k
hard drive: ocz ssd 120gb
graphic card : sapphire hd6970
PSU: corsair cx600
memory: corsair vengeance 8gb

More about : constant freezing

January 12, 2012 7:58:12 PM

This is usually because of a heat or power issue. What, if anything are you overclocking? If anything, reset to default speeds to see if that helps. Also, what heatsink fan are you using? If a stock HSF, you should not OC at all with it.

Also, are you monitoring your temps? If so, what are your idle and loaded temps?
January 12, 2012 8:12:58 PM

I haven't overclocked anything, i have a corsair h60 cpu cooler.
my idle temp is about 32c ish
Related resources
January 12, 2012 8:19:32 PM

is your ssd in ahci mode, sata, or ide? I had a similar issue and it was because my bios reset it to ide, had to reimage it
January 12, 2012 8:22:46 PM

tharmgas said:
I haven't overclocked anything, i have a corsair h60 cpu cooler.
my idle temp is about 32c ish

Is the power supply (PSU) new as well?
January 12, 2012 8:24:05 PM

im not the best on bios, but i think it's running in ide. I think i tried turning it to ahci but then the bios didn't find the cd-driver
fyi i can be wrong if it sounds strange
January 12, 2012 8:26:56 PM

COLGeek said:
Is the power supply (PSU) new as well?

yes it is
January 12, 2012 9:03:07 PM

tharmgas said:
im not the best on bios, but i think it's running in ide. I think i tried turning it to ahci but then the bios didn't find the cd-driver
fyi i can be wrong if it sounds strange

The BIOS does not need a driver to operate in AHCI mode. You simply tell the BIOS to operate in that mode. Windows 7 needs a driver for AHCI mode and will load automatically when you install Windows. Doing after the fact requires a work-a-round. Please confirm the SATA mode set in your BIOS.
January 13, 2012 9:28:49 AM

COLGeek said:
The BIOS does not need a driver to operate in AHCI mode. You simply tell the BIOS to operate in that mode. Windows 7 needs a driver for AHCI mode and will load automatically when you install Windows. Doing after the fact requires a work-a-round. Please confirm the SATA mode set in your BIOS.

PCH sata control mode is set to ide. if that is what you mean
January 13, 2012 12:14:59 PM

You need to change to AHCI for the SSD to work properly.
January 13, 2012 2:04:41 PM

but before you do, follow the instructions here:
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows...
that way you won't have to reinstall windows.
I kind of doubt that this will solve anything. It will make your windows boot a little faster but freezes?
Tell us, does freeze mean BSOD or just out of the blue computer hangs and whatever sound was playing is repeating in a buzz?
January 15, 2012 6:29:53 AM

vx53c said:
but before you do, follow the instructions here:
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows...
that way you won't have to reinstall windows.
I kind of doubt that this will solve anything. It will make your windows boot a little faster but freezes?
Tell us, does freeze mean BSOD or just out of the blue computer hangs and whatever sound was playing is repeating in a buzz?

it isen't BSOD, the computer just freezes and I can't do anything for period of time.

I found somthing intresting, i checked in windows resources monitor and it sad that 4.6gb was reserved for hardware that was a real kick in the groin.
So I'm wondring how i can get that down.

And I also check in the disk tab and when the computer was freezing the disk queue length was 100%! what is that depending on?
can it be related to the memory probelm?
!