disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
hey there i been on here before asking a similar question but with gpu's. My mate ben wants to get a penom x6 but they dont sell them in a lot of places now and if they do they sell them for a fair bit more than what i payed for at least, so he asked me when i was gonna upgrade to the fx he said he would give me £100 for mine at the moment so would it be worth getting it seeings id only be technically paying an extra 30 on top? also what are the differences between them part from the obvious.

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
i did read one a while ago thats why im asking first last time i heard there are more pros for the 1090 but no harm seeing if people think different ^^

I'm not against your mate getting the FX-8120.
It's not a totally shabby CPU.
But if he'll offer to buy your whole core system (CPU/MB/RAM) that would leave you with some other interesting options.

Yer good [:lutfij:4]

A 4GHz Thuban with your RAMs is a GFLOP'ing machine -- on par with the best of 'em.

There are a few instances, though, where a Bulldozer with newer SIMD instructions is a better option, but from your 1090T is still a slide-ways move.

With your mobo and Piledriver (and Steamroller), that will improve. The good news is AMD is committed to AM3+ for the next few years.

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
got a vertx 3 and a 6970 direct cu 2 at the moment im pretty good with everything else and by the looks of it pretty good with the processor for a while as well ^^

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
yeah i was planning on getting a new gpu but not or a few months wanna see the 7990 see what thats like but again ill probably just go get a 7970 cos again my mate wants to buy my card eventually i mean his system is my old one still gotta say a pretty decent one though but if he get my gpu he will have to buy a new psu tehe