Core voltage for gtx 570

gmcizzle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Stay below 1.1v. Many GTX 570 owners have fried their GPUs at 1.1v and higher, there's a big thread on another forum about this. Also, do NOT disable the power limiter while running Furmark/OCCT as this may also destroy your card. I believe the reason the GTX 570 cannot go 1.1v or higher safely has something to do with the VRM design, but not entirely sure.

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

yeah, its my card. i took the psu you out and used apaper clip so i could turn it on with out the mobo and all i hear is the fan. and the only time it really makes the noise is when im gaming

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

i hope so. its only a month old and i'd hate to think the card itself is damaged. i never get temps over 55 celcius.
but when i play just cause 2 with everything completely maxed out theres usually zero lag, but i the screen flickers weird colors.

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

yes its kind of a whistle,but it also sounds like you can hear the electricity pulsing, if you know what i mean

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

i untinstalled and upgraded to 285.62. still getting the noise. and like if im get in a car or shoot something i sometimes get random lines on my monitor that are like pink/blue/green/yellow, etc..

Yeah, I think I do know what you mean. I have the same thing myself, only under heavy load. The best explanation I've come up with is coil whine, which is a weird electric phenomenon in which the oscillations in the current in parts that use a lot of power (GPUs and PSUs especially) make them vibrate, and the vibration produces that sound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil_noise
The artifact thing is a completely different issue. Coil whine is usually harmless. Run a stress test (MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision both include them) and see if it logs any artifacts. I think you'll probably see some if you can get them in games. That's just for information, anyway: you'll still probably need to clock down a few mhz to get rid of the JC2 artifacts. Take it down 10mhz at a time and see if you can reproduce the issue.