• Core
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2011 12:37:35 AM

just wondering what a good core voltage for my gtx 570 is

More about : core voltage gtx 570

a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 12:50:33 AM

Stay below 1.1v. Many GTX 570 owners have fried their GPUs at 1.1v and higher, there's a big thread on another forum about this. Also, do NOT disable the power limiter while running Furmark/OCCT as this may also destroy your card. I believe the reason the GTX 570 cannot go 1.1v or higher safely has something to do with the VRM design, but not entirely sure.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 1:22:52 AM

I'd stay at stock voltages. Playing around with the voltage may get you a few extra mhz, but it won't be worth the risk.
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2011 1:35:58 PM

im not looking to overclock, my gpu just makes these weird buzzing sounds for some reason and i was wondering if it had anything to do with the voltage.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 4:02:16 PM

You sure it's not the PSU making the buzzing sounds? AMD cards sometimes make buzzing sounds when the capacitors fire up, but have not heard it on an Nvidia card.
m
l
November 15, 2011 6:05:29 PM

gmcizzle said:
You sure it's not the PSU making the buzzing sounds? AMD cards sometimes make buzzing sounds when the capacitors fire up, but have not heard it on an Nvidia card.

yeah, its my card. i took the psu you out and used apaper clip so i could turn it on with out the mobo and all i hear is the fan. and the only time it really makes the noise is when im gaming
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 6:06:56 PM

Maybe the fan on your GPU heatsink is going bad or is rubbing against something.
m
l
November 15, 2011 6:10:43 PM

gmcizzle said:
Maybe the fan on your GPU heatsink is going bad or is rubbing against something.

i hope so. its only a month old and i'd hate to think the card itself is damaged. i never get temps over 55 celcius.
but when i play just cause 2 with everything completely maxed out theres usually zero lag, but i the screen flickers weird colors.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 6:16:30 PM

Any other game or just that one? Are the voltages at stock?
m
l
November 15, 2011 6:55:50 PM

gmcizzle said:
Any other game or just that one? Are the voltages at stock?

yeah everything is at stock. and it happens in guitar hero 4, mafia 2 and batman arkham assylum
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 7:04:46 PM

I would uninstall and then reinstall drivers first. What do you mean exactly by weird colors, is it artifacting?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 10:16:29 PM

Can you reliably reproduce the JC2 issue? If so, clock down a little and see if it keeps going.
Is this noise kind of a whistle/whine? My 460 whines under load. Can you describe the sound in as much detail as possible?
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:04:14 PM

kajabla said:
Can you reliably reproduce the JC2 issue? If so, clock down a little and see if it keeps going.
Is this noise kind of a whistle/whine? My 460 whines under load. Can you describe the sound in as much detail as possible?

yes its kind of a whistle,but it also sounds like you can hear the electricity pulsing, if you know what i mean
m
l
November 15, 2011 11:07:00 PM

gmcizzle said:
I would uninstall and then reinstall drivers first. What do you mean exactly by weird colors, is it artifacting?

i untinstalled and upgraded to 285.62. still getting the noise. and like if im get in a car or shoot something i sometimes get random lines on my monitor that are like pink/blue/green/yellow, etc..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2011 12:01:00 AM

Yeah, I think I do know what you mean. I have the same thing myself, only under heavy load. The best explanation I've come up with is coil whine, which is a weird electric phenomenon in which the oscillations in the current in parts that use a lot of power (GPUs and PSUs especially) make them vibrate, and the vibration produces that sound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil_noise
The artifact thing is a completely different issue. Coil whine is usually harmless. Run a stress test (MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision both include them) and see if it logs any artifacts. I think you'll probably see some if you can get them in games. That's just for information, anyway: you'll still probably need to clock down a few mhz to get rid of the JC2 artifacts. Take it down 10mhz at a time and see if you can reproduce the issue.
m
l
!