GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hello everybody

I have this motherboard mentioned in the title: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128556

I have bought this motherboard from a guy who experiemented with building a PC running iOS but couldn't make it work optimal so he decided to sell it. Actually I bought the whole PC from him:

i5 3750k
4 gb ram
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P motherboard USB3, PCI Express 3.0
PSU 550W

I bought a HD 7850 card on the side.

I'm pretty happy with it and I got the PC really cheap so no matter what, this was a bargain. There are two things that I didn't think of when I bought this computer though because I actually bought it primarily for gaming:

Crossfire: It supports crossfire but would it do well on this motherboard. I know that the motherboard is important for a functional crossfire setup but what do I need to look for?

Overclocking: Well I'm not planning to overclock just yet because all my games are running smoothly, so far so I really don't need it right now. But I'm pretty sure I would like to do it for future needs at some point. The motherboard is micro ATX and the case is not very big so I'm guessing I will have a heat issue but what about cooling components? Are you able to get coolers to fit micro ATX setups

What is your thoughts about this motherboard it's possibilities for gaming?

Solution
I look at the manual. The B75 does not have any overclocking ability. So you can't oc the cpu but you can CF. But the pciex4 is in the lower part of MB. if your case is small then it is not a good idea for CF.

If you need oc and CF in the future, get the Z77 MB.
I look at the manual. The B75 does not have any overclocking ability. So you can't oc the cpu but you can CF. But the pciex4 is in the lower part of MB. if your case is small then it is not a good idea for CF.

If you need oc and CF in the future, get the Z77 MB.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.