Sign in with
Your question

VGA Port Has Stopped Working

Last response: in Motherboards
March 8, 2013 11:13:20 AM

Not sure if this is in the right forum but here's my problem - A computer I built a couple months ago has been running perfectly until today. It was running okay, but once I restarted it, it wouldn't display on my monitor.

I think it's to do with the motherboard's VGA port as it can display when I connect to my graphics card bag however it just keeps repeating the asrock boot screen and not actually booting. The monitor detects that a VGA is connected however it says "no signal"

Can anybody help please?
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2013 11:32:20 AM

You answered your own question. The motherboard port is being overridden by the graphics card. Unplug the graphics card to use the motherboard VGA port.
March 8, 2013 11:42:05 AM

DiaSin said:
You answered your own question. The motherboard port is being overridden by the graphics card. Unplug the graphics card to use the motherboard VGA port.

I have done that but now on startup it just flashes the boot screen "press f11 for boot menu" etc. And doesn't actually boot?
Related resources
March 8, 2013 11:42:25 AM

DiaSin said:

I have done that but now on startup it just flashes the boot screen "press f11 for boot menu" etc. And doesn't actually boot?
March 8, 2013 11:42:48 AM

DiaSin said:

!