Upgrading computer, Motherboard and PSU issue

Dirtydancing32

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello all,

I was given a HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT PC.

I am slowly upgrading it, so far I have purchased more RAM, SSD, graphics card and am about to purchase the PSU...

I am itching to get this turned on and start up a game, the problem is the PSU and motherboard, I can only purchase one now and the other in a month or 2 so I thought I will buy the PSU now and the mobo last. However upon actually looking at the mobo theres no 20 pin or 24 pin connector on it! I am not great with PSU's.

There is only 3 connectors on the PSU plugged in to the mobo, I am guessing this is something to do with HP...

There is a 4 pin, 6 pin and a slimline 6 pin connector plugged in...

Would something like the below actually fit in it and work? Just so I can actually play on it before the motherboard is upgraded...
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/600W+Corsair+Builder+Series+600CX+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+?productId=52662

Thanks in advance.

If HP has used a proprietary motherboard and PSU then you have no choice, you will have to upgrade both at the same time. Also be aware that the Windows OS that came on your HP is probably also proprietary and won't work on a different motherboard. You will therefore need to get a new copy of Windows and a new license to install on the new motherboard.

Good Luck!